FieldPro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve used them for years. The rebuilds are exactly like the new ones. They usually last about 4 years and I trade them in for refurbished ones. Always the same reason for failure. The spinner eventually gets moister into the motor. The owner is a great guy to work with and is local. I think there are better timers out there that are made in Texas. But the setup and battery life is the best imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve used them for years. The rebuilds are exactly like the new ones. They usually last about 4 years and I trade them in for refurbished ones. Always the same reason for failure. The spinner eventually gets moister into the motor. The owner is a great guy to work with and is local. I think there are better timers out there that are made in Texas. But the setup and battery life is the best imo.
We started using FieldPro timers almost 20 years ago, and since I don’t do change well, I’m going to stick with what I know. I’ve talked to the owner several times on the phone, and he does seem like a really nice guy.
I use the “GF V” timer and generally just buy a new one when one stops working, and I’ve got 5 that I’ve collected over the years and was trying to decide what to do with them.
What I’m trying to decide is whether to do the “unit exchange” for $71 or the “rebuild kit” for $39.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested in knowing more.

Bowhunter-- Do they sell refurbished ones or only do refurbished if you have a "core"? What is the name of the one built in Texas?

I miss the Kenco Smart Timers.

I’m not sure if they do but I bet he would once you talked with him. I’ve always had an older one that I traded in. I’ve read good things about All Season and spintech and a few others on the Texas hunting forums. Those guys know their stuff. Seems like everyone down there runs 20+ feeders lol. I like the field pro because of the easy access to set it up vs all others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with the Field Pro feeders. Are they still made in Edmond, OK?

Yes they are. I’ve always used the Game Feeder III’s. Do everything I’ve ever needed. Buddy put one on a homemade 2k pound feeder and has had zero issues. Another great think about them is that since one battery will last a full year, you never have to deal with the wasps getting in there in the off season.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure if they do but I bet he would once you talked with him. I’ve always had an older one that I traded in. I’ve read good things about All Season and spintech and a few others on the Texas hunting forums. Those guys know their stuff. Seems like everyone down there runs 20+ feeders lol. I like the field pro because of the easy access to set it up vs all others.
I’ve used Spincast, All Season, and Sweeney, and in my opinion, FieldPro is the most user friendly and definitely has the longest battery life.

I’ve got 5 or 6 non working feeder motors, so I guess I’ll call FieldPro tomorrow to see what’s my best option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom