Finally Closed the Deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen this one in person....you still around or headed south already?

I ended up getting a last minute call for a job for tomorrow morning, so I had to come home today. I'll probably be back in a couple weeks though, and I'll bring the skull back with me. I figured ya'll were hunting yesterday, but I thought about seeing if you wanted to come over.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I ended up getting a last minute call for a job for tomorrow morning, so I had to come home today. I'll probably be back in a couple weeks though, and I'll bring the skull back with me. I figured ya'll were hunting yesterday, but I thought about seeing if you wanted to come over.

Give me shout when you make it back :)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is Oct 10, 2014
IMAG1820.jpg

This is Oct 24, 2013
IMAG0567.jpg

I estimate he gained about 8-10 inches this year.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad has always thought that deer have a fear of free standing corn feeders, so he wanted to have all the feeders hanging from tree limbs on chain hoists about 8 ft in the air. The tree holding the feeder at the stand where this buck hangs out fell this year, and without another suitable tree, I had to use a feeder on legs.

Here is something you probably won't see very often. A 170 class buck licking corn off the spinners. I only have the feeder set to run 2 seconds twice a day (about 2 pounds of corn a day), and last week, the deer ate 250 pounds of corn off the spinners. Obviously not afraid of the feeder.
IMAG1712.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shows what maturity and letting a buck go another year can do. I am definitely not saying that he wasn't a shooter last year, but the guys shooting all the 2.5 year old bucks and whining they never see a bruiser just take away another potential every time they drop a baby buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom