Finally got the nerve to paint my Tikka

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah i used some plastic stencils i got from academy... They were like 10 bucks for 4 sheets. One has a big limb, next one has little sticks, and two with just leaves. One of the leaf ones has acorns on it too for some reason... i just taped over them.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems fairly durable... but i'm gonna put a few coats of Krylon matte finish on it. One of the guys on the SigArms556 forums suggested it, said it worked well.

It's a .223 with a 1/8" twist, really likes heavy bullets, but it will shoot Hornady 55gr. training SP ammo at 1/2" @ 100. The 75 gr BTHP are better, the shoot around 1/4".

Though I've shot numerous 1/8" groups with 75 gr. Most of the bigger groups (1/4") are shooter error i believe...lol. I pretty much couldn't happier with the stock trigger... adjusts to 2 pounds, very crisp, no creep, and just a hair of overtravel. Not trying to start anything but it is pretty much the reason I don't like the Accutrigger...

And the bolt is the smoothest I have ever felt... by quite a bit... even smoother than the Sako three lug(by a little). The bolt angle is really nice, doesn't get in the way of the scope at all, I can actually keep my hand on top of the handle if i want to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom