Finding owner of a locked iPhone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck looking online for a solution.

Apparently this was found at work three weeks ago and I was just now informed about it and asked to see if I could figure out a way to find the owner.

No luck under emergency contact. No luck activating Siri.

It did have a message saying it wasn't activated but that went away and it is getting signal from US Cellular. I tried calling them using the emergency dial pad but no luck there either.

Any suggestions?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck looking online for a solution.

Apparently this was found at work three weeks ago and I was just now informed about it and asked to see if I could figure out a way to find the owner.

No luck under emergency contact. No luck activating Siri.

It did have a message saying it wasn't activated but that went away and it is getting signal from US Cellular. I tried calling them using the emergency dial pad but no luck there either.

Any suggestions?

I have similar concerns.

At one time, my corporate phone had a lock screen that couldn't be changed, and it had an "If found" contact number on it.

I'm not very tech savy, but I've looked for a while for a picture editing program that I could type text on top of so that it would show on the lock screen, and I've come up empty. So, any of you techie guys have any suggestions?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I found a phone when I was in Arizona and hung out at wife's Grandmothers there.
Someone called it and we were able to answer it and asked who owned the phone.
The guy got it back
That's what I was hoping for until I found out that it was left there three weeks ago.

I imagine they got another phone by now but I would still like to get this one back to them. I'm just waiting for a call back from the nice lady at the local US Cellular store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom