Finished 8mm 1938 Turkish Mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the Mauser ready for cold bluing and just decided to leave the bare metal. I had ground down all the pitting and removed old bluing. Sanded down to 1500 grit and looks great. I know leaving bare steel is not good but I used lucas oil on every single inch of her. I will probably only shoot it once and then it'll become a wall hanger. I'll break it down to the smallest parts after shooting it and oil it up again and that will be it. If I choose to blue it, I can do that anytime.
Using Lucas Oil gun oil to preserve the bare steel. It's a great product I've had success with in storing. It stays without gelling or gooping/evaporating.
It was fun to tinker with.
Mauser fin.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.theoriginalrusteprufe.com/
I have a friend in Texas that told me about this stuff. . Pretty thick but clear and would serve well in a wall hanger situation I believe. I use it on my gill gun, 54 cal BP and my Ak's cause they sit for longer periods of time and have had no issues with rust.

It looks great !

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.theoriginalrusteprufe.com/
I have a friend in Texas that told me about this stuff. . Pretty thick but clear and would serve well in a wall hanger situation I believe. I use it on my gill gun, 54 cal BP and my Ak's cause they sit for longer periods of time and have had no issues with rust.

It looks great !
Someone told me about this stuff when I was restoring my Nagant. It works great when you store them or shoot them

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. The bare metal is different for sure
I had it ready for bluing. Sanded down to a 1500 grit and she was shining but then I kept looking at her and knew as few time that I might shoot her ( I will shoot it at least once) most of the time I'll be be looking at it on my wall. Sooooo I like the bare steel as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom