Firearm goof in tonight's "In An Instant" episode.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was watching that new TV show, "In An Instant," tonight on ABC. The episode was about a hostage situation in a California electronics store in 1991. There was one scene where the Sacramento SWAT team had gone into the store and had come under fire. As one policeman was moving into position, I noticed something about the MP5 he was carrying. I paused my DVR and took a picture:
In an instant.jpg
Notice the .22 magazine on that MP5. It appears to be a GSG 522 SD. I guess ABC couldn't afford to rent a real H&K MP5...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched that show too but didn't notice this...good catch! On the other hand, what a sorry TV show; they went to a commercial break every few minute and then when they came back, they replayed way too much previous footage. It was to the point of ridiculooseness.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have far too much time on your hands.
If you're addressing this to me, I have to tell you that you're wrong. I was working on my computer as I was watching this. It wasn't that I studied the screen closely, I just caught out of the corner of my eye the flash of light that shouldn't have been there. If you would look at the scene (it's available on the ABC website, but I won't shill for them) you'd see that the cut in the magazine is visible three or four times to varying degrees. I just tend to notice these little details others miss.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know this is fake because no one can get .22 ammo.......

I have had great luck recently, bought pretty close to 1000 rounds in the past month as I'm stumbling across it. Although my most recent purchase was of some subsonic BS that won't cycle in my 10-22. Found out I forgot how to read after I loaded 3 25rd mags at the range yesterday and tried to make a few shots. Talk about being butthurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom