Firearms added to already completed 4473

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of this happening, but it certainly gave me some pause.

“Now the feds contact Mr. Martinez and ask him why the Blastomatic 2000, serial number 123XYZ, which he purchased from The Gun Rack in McAllen, Texas last year was found on the body of a dead gangster.

But Mr. Martinez is genuinely puzzled. He tells the BATFE that he's only ever bought two guns from The Gun Rack: a Mossberg for dove hunting several years ago, and a Smith & Wesson .38 for his wife last year. "Well," say the feds, "That's not the information we have..."

Read the full story at https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2020/12/douche-move.html

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I could see this happening allot with some of the unscrupulous employees at gun stores I have encountered over the years.
I cannot imaging the possible legal headache this would cause for the unsuspecting gun owner.

I agree with you.

“The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers. Several recent reports back up Wachtel's own studies about this, and make the case that illegal activity by those licensed to sell guns, known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), is a huge source of crime guns and greatly surpasses the sale of guns stolen from John Q. Citizen. Like bank robbers, who are interested in banks, gun traffickers are interested in FFLs because that's where the guns are. This is why FFLs are a large source of illegal guns for traffickers, who ultimately wind up selling the guns on the street.

According to a recent ATF report, there is a significant diversion to the illegal gun market from FFLs. The report states that "of the 120,370 crime guns that were traced to purchases from the FFLs then in business, 27.7 % of these firearms were seized by law enforcement in connection with a crime within two years of the original sale. This rapid `time to crime' of a gun purchased from an FFL is a strong indicator that the initial seller or purchaser may have been engaged in unlawful activity." Source: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom