Firefighters watched a house burn down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
look on the bright side, doctor howser will pull bacon out of your throat for $75 annually.

Dude, haven't you heard? Doogie's gay! He gave up the medical practice for Broadway! At least singing and dancing helps people forget their burned down house while they're choking on bacon!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow, this is sad and pathetic on the firefighters. I'm active duty and have been called some horrible things, spit on, and physically threatened because of my military service, but I still do it and will still fight for those people that degraded me. They won't save a man's house and property because he didn't pay the annual $75. I guess I never realized firefighting was a "for profit" organization. There was a time when people became firefighters(police, miiltary) to help others. They had the skills and equipment necessary to prevent him from being homeless and didn't out of spite. F*** those firefighters and anyone that agrees with them.

i agree, i hope he sues the city, county, the fire dept, and the firefighters who responded. I also hope he loses. Im sure the guy learned his lesson over a 75 dollar debt, now teach the city, county, fire dept, firefighters and community a lesson on why its cheaper to do a good service. Rather than sit and watch a tragedy.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i agree, i hope he sues the city, county, the fire dept, and the firefighters who responded. I also hope he loses. Im sure the guy learned his lesson over a 75 dollar debt, now teach the city, county, fire dept, firefighters and community a lesson on why its cheaper to do a good service. Rather than sit and watch a tragedy.

Sue them for what? You really need to read the articles and understand the concept of paid-subscription fire departments.

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=64384

A South Fulton woman whose home was destroyed by fire Monday does not hold a grudge against firefighters.
Vicky Bell said today she is happy she safely escaped and glad her neighbors’ homes were protected by firefighters.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand. I think the service of "pay for spray" is wrong policy for county, township or a state. There are better ways to afford firefighting services in situations where property is being destroyed. Even a bogus lawsuit that has no merit will cost more than putting out a fire. Maybe then the "community" will come up with a better policy than "no pay, but we will stand by and watch and do nothing". piss poor community for not fixing policy. He learned his lesson now let their community learn theirs.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand. I think the service of "pay for spray" is wrong policy for county, township or a state. There are better ways to afford firefighting services in situations where property is being destroyed. Even a bogus lawsuit that has no merit will cost more than putting out a fire. Maybe then the "community" will come up with a better policy than "no pay, but we will stand by and watch and do nothing". piss poor community for not fixing policy. He learned his lesson now let their community learn theirs.

It's been like this for over 30 years. If the community wanted something different don't you think they would have fixed it by now? This isn't the only community in the USA that has these types of fire services. You'd think people would have sued the tar out of them and shut them all down by now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom