First encounter with an OCer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well David I'm curious about something....Why are you around police so much? Are you in trouble? Trying to get a reaction (known as baiting)? Heck you see more cops in a day than I do.

You seem to be really sore because this guy apparently wanted some attention and I helped him out. I've done this job for 22 years now and tend to give folks what they want most times. This guy wanted attention and I obliged him. No harm, no foul .....

Well GC, it is a common sight to see uniformed officers here as it is a small town. They shop at the local Walmart and other stores. They frequent the same resturants I do and over the years I've had many a conversation with them over coffee. They buy gas at the same stations. They work as local bank guards. And all of them are pretty laid back about OC.

GC, were you the LEO who wrote here in the forum a while back that you were gonna be checking every person you saw OCing for their license & state issued ID? It isn't mandated that a check be made. It is a LEO's option to ask for the license & ID. Given that so many LEO's around the state don't see the need to do so when just seeing someone OCing... it does seem that who ever that LEO was, that he was choosing to be much more pro active on handgun license checks than the vast majority of his peers.

The guy was clearly excited about the new OC law and wanting to strike up a friendly conversation with you [a LEO] about it ...... and even though he went about it totally wrong, I don't think it was necessary to slap him down by demanding to see his license & ID.... LEO's around here would more likely have said, "Yep, I see you're OCing...so how long you had your license?' Maybe asked a few other questions and seen what his answers were. If no red flags went up, then said, 'Well, gotta go to work" and left. Sounds like you were irritated at him for bothering you and taking up your time...

I always heard that patience with people is a virtue to be admired. As you discribed the encounter, this guy wasn't deliberately trying to be obnoxious or confrontational.. he just didn't know any better. Seems out of order for people to call him a OC Dork and belittle him. Heck, why not have directed him to the OSA forum and told him he might learn some beneficial info about OC?

Now I'm done with this thread... so flame on me all you want. It is getting so reading the OSA forum is almost like listening to a CB radio back in the late 70's... minus the vulgar language. Way to much bad mouthing and attacking people with snide / rude comments over the silliest things that don't amount to any thing of importance.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the guy just gone about his business he wouldn't have been ask permit.since he went out of his way to make sure GC new he was a moron he got asked to prove he could oc

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well GC, it is a common sight to see uniformed officers here as it is a small town. They shop at the local Walmart and other stores. They frequent the same resturants I do and over the years I've had many a conversation with them over coffee. They buy gas at the same stations. They work as local bank guards. And all of them are pretty laid back about OC.

GC, were you the LEO who wrote here in the forum a while back that you were gonna be checking every person you saw OCing for their license & state issued ID? It isn't mandated that a check be made. It is a LEO's option to ask for the license & ID. Given that so many LEO's around the state don't see the need to do so when just seeing someone OCing... it does seem that who ever that LEO was, that he was choosing to be much more pro active on handgun license checks than the vast majority of his peers.

The guy was clearly excited about the new OC law and wanting to strike up a friendly conversation with you [a LEO] about it ...... and even though he went about it totally wrong, I don't think it was necessary to slap him down by demanding to see his license & ID.... LEO's around here would more likely have said, "Yep, I see you're OCing...so how long you had your license?' Maybe asked a few other questions and seen what his answers were. If no red flags went up, then said, 'Well, gotta go to work" and left. Sounds like you were irritated at him for bothering you and taking up your time...

I always heard that patience with people is a virtue to be admired. As you discribed the encounter, this guy wasn't deliberately trying to be obnoxious or confrontational.. he just didn't know any better. Seems out of order for people to call him a OC Dork and belittle him. Heck, why not have directed him to the OSA forum and told him he might learn some beneficial info about OC?

Now I'm done with this thread... so flame on me all you want. It is getting so reading the OSA forum is almost like listening to a CB radio back in the late 70's... minus the vulgar language. Way to much bad mouthing and attacking people with snide / rude comments over the silliest things that don't amount to any thing of importance.
have you ever heard the saying:
Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt? I think it apllies

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No, he was not the LEO who posted that.

I feel fairly confident in saying that you, sir, are a complete idiot. I have no idea what happened to you to shape your view of the world but I feel sorry for you as it certainly seems like you bring a lot of grief to yourself simply because you like being miserable. Ahhhh, well, to each their own, I suppose ...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ETA: Awwwww, that's soooo sweet (nice save there, buddy :wink2:)

No really, that is my stock responce to, "can't live with them, can't kill them." Aw yes you can kill them, it just has to be worth the time.

I posted then kept reading the thread and how the guy that has been on here 3 months and has almost as many posts as me was given the JBT a hard time about being a cool LEO. And you called a spade a spade with no doubts, that really warms my heart.

ETA
3 months and has almost as many posts as me
(He says to the queen of post whores :-)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No really, that is my stock responce to, "can't live with them, can't kill them." Aw yes you can kill them, it just has to be worth the time.

I posted then kept reading the thread and how the guy that has been on here 3 months and has almost as many posts as me was given the JBT a hard time about being a cool LEO. And you called a spade a spade with no doubts, that really warms my heart.

Well, I know what you mean ... if you can't do the time, don't do the crime ... Kept a lot of men alive before I finally settled down with my poor old JBT ... LOL

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, he was not the LEO who posted that.

I feel fairly confident in saying that you, sir, are a complete idiot. I have no idea what happened to you to shape your view of the world but I feel sorry for you as it certainly seems like you bring a lot of grief to yourself simply because you like being miserable. Ahhhh, well, to each their own, I suppose ...

newnation.sg_wp_content_uploads_eat_popcorn_3D.gif

I believe the tactical advantage to open carry is faster draw....but I could be wrong. Anybody care to refute that?
/not directed at anyone in particular

Latest posts

Top Bottom