first Glock in a long time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was searching for a deal on a Shield when a good friend of mine offered her Glock 42 to me. She said "I bought it new, fired it 5 times, and it jammed on the 5th shot. I put it back in the box and haven't touched it since. If you want it, it's yours." It's now mine! I wasn't searching for a .380, or for a Glock, but this is a neat little pistol. It's been a long time since I've owned a Glock, given that I switched to the M&P pistols when they came out over a decade ago.

In any case, it's an early G42 (first year of release), 5 shots past new. Looking around, it seems a few parts have been updated to help with reliability. I plan to change: mags (to 03), slide stop lever (to 33272), trigger housing (to 33228), and trigger bar (to 33206). It appears to have the 5.5 lb connector, so I'll stick with that for now.

Is there anything else these pistols might benefit from in terms of reliability?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As above, contact Glock. They will likely send a label and do the updates.

Or come shoot an outdoor GSSF match and they will likely do it on the spot! They did me right on my 26.5 at a match. May be July before one is close though.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a LGS on the east side of Shawnee looking at a Smith and Wesson 1911 SC E-Series. Well a fella came in a huffin and a puffin said his G42 jammed up on the 5th shot. Fella behind the counter told him Glock would make it right with him. He said I don't want that gun back show me something else. Anyway just thought that was kinda strange to hear that again.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we were not experiencing pandemic, I would send it back and let Glock replace the parts. I talked to them today, and it's covered. Long ago, I sent them a G32 for frame replacement...sent them a stripped empty frame, and they sent me a complete one back...all for no charge...I still have that complete set of frame parts somewhere. I just don't trust that it won't get hung up somewhere right now. So, I'll replace these. They are cheap. Bought a few mags today, as well as a Vickers +2 extension. Ammo is hard to find. Gun World had some, but it was extremely overpriced. H&H had some, but 1 box limit. What in the world will y'all do with so much .380 ammo!...lol! If anyone has a couple extra boxes of Hornady XTP, I'd sure like to have some.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we were not experiencing pandemic, I would send it back and let Glock replace the parts. I talked to them today, and it's covered. Long ago, I sent them a G32 for frame replacement...sent them a stripped empty frame, and they sent me a complete one back...all for no charge...I still have that complete set of frame parts somewhere. I just don't trust that it won't get hung up somewhere right now. So, I'll replace these. They are cheap. Bought a few mags today, as well as a Vickers +2 extension. Ammo is hard to find. Gun World had some, but it was extremely overpriced. H&H had some, but 1 box limit. What in the world will y'all do with so much .380 ammo!...lol! If anyone has a couple extra boxes of Hornady XTP, I'd sure like to have some.

I don’t have a .380 anymore but I think I might have 5 or 6 loose rounds of FMJ if you get desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom