First Mosin Nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my first mosin nagant a few weeks back and finally got around to cleaning it up last weekend. Took it to the range this morning and had a great time. Lots of noise, fair amount of kick and certainly far from the most accurate gun I own, but still way up there on the fun scale.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
without question one of the best bargains actually available.

purchased a mosin last year from classifieds for $125 in extra clean condition with 400rds ammo. don't know of any other weapon that you could get into that cheap with enough ammo to last for a long time.

biggest drawback is corrosive ammo requires no delay in cleaning. which is not that big a deal, since you've got to clean your weapon after shooing anyways.

for deer hunting, most years I'd be lucky to get off a dozen rounds on my .270 Weatherby. about 5-6 rounds to verify scope is still dialed in ... then one round per deer.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of those once, big gun with a big bang.

I didn't have one until you had that group buy on 'em. Now it's pretty much the most popular gun I own (amongst my friends). I do need to get some more ammo though. It seems like every time I think I'll only shoot it a little I end up with a bruised shoulder and 100 rounds "missing".

Latest posts

Top Bottom