First shots with the Ruger American Creedmoor 3/5/17 Ada, Ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's great steelfingers. Good shooting...

If you hear of anyone looking for the Ruger Enhanced Precision Rifle in 6.5, I'll have it at the upcoming Badshot Gun Show in Guthrie next weekend! I agree with you it's a great caliber!!!!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats going to be hard to help with when not in person. I shoot on the exhale, not holding. Use a front and rear bag and you wont have to worry much about heartbeat. Pull your front sling stud out when on bags also. Most importantly find what works for you, not someone else.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/MILITARY/united_states_army_fm_23-10 - 17_august_1994.pdf
Breathing starts at 3-20.

But.....breath deep for a few breaths, exhale out and hold, now hold crosshairs on target when heart is not beating, when your heart beats the crosshairs will leave target and should fall back on, when your heart thumps again start to take up slack in trigger and slowly beging to pull, ideally the rifle will fire when beat is over and crosshairs are on target.

This is deep and IMHO tricky to do if your adrenaline is at all in play. Good luck.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.
Have a Lead Sled Solo that I will take out next go. Want to confirm (or adjust) my zero at 100 and then move it out to 200.
My range has that distance, but no need pushing it out further than 200 until I get my fundamentals where they need to be.
Once I do that, I can figure further distances and if I want to dope or hold over.
But first things first. Insure my zero is zero. Second, my fundamentals are solid.
Then start pushing out with a bipod and later with no support.

I'd recommend Wilshire in OKC, they have an indoor 100 yard range. Gets rid of a lot of variables. This would be most important if you plan on stretching it out. Inside you can get it dialed in exactly right.