First squib ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only had one and it was in the middle of shooting a stage out at OKCGC. I don't know what made me not instinctively drop a mag, reload and pull the trigger but something just felt "different". It's a sobering experience knowing the next trigger pull could have really created a mess for me ...

We started carrying a first aid kit (a REAL one, not the Wal-Mart special) in our car after that. You just never know ...

LinearZero

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently came across a thousand reloads from a trusted source, and ended up with 4 squibs in the first 3 magazines. Needless to say, I have developed an aversion to shooting anybody else's reloads but my own, and perhaps I should have felt that way to begin with. The last 900 rounds went pretty well, but man what rocky ride to start. I can't imagine having a friend shoot that and not realize it, then getting hurt. Reloads will forever be shot by my own trigger finger, nobody else's.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had a squib or seen one can you not tell by the way the round fires?

What Snake said. It just didn't "feel right". For a split second I thought I had just neglected to load the whole 10 rounds you are allowed in Production. Then I felt the RO's hand on my shoulder and said "THAT didn't sound right. Let's take a look and then you can have a reshoot."

Sure enough, there was a bullet sitting in the chamber. Sure makes you think about what you're doing ...

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had a squib or seen one can you not tell by the way the round fires?
I have had 2 of them, both of which were my reloads. Both times it just felt "off". The first time it somehow had enough power to cycle the slide, but not enough to get the bullet out of the barrel. Luckily I noticed that something didn't feel right just as I was about to pull the trigger. The 2nd time it felt pretty much the same as the first, but it didn't cycle the slide. I haven't reloaded any rounds since those incidents and I'm honestly a bit gun shy (no pun intended) of loading up anymore right now.