First time this has happened to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It had rifling, there is one line in this picture just hard to see. The other side had a few more marks. I wish I could find it now, but I think I left it sitting on the table, otherwise I would take more pictures of it.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hit in the neck by a ricochet at the Tecumseh range (when it was open). I was shooting a dueling target and must’ve hit the middle support with a .38 special. Split second later I felt a whack on my neck and a welp starting to form. I should have searched for the bullet but I wasn’t sure what happened at the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it fired from a smoothbore?

When I first saw this I wondered what you were discussing. Then the possibility of a sabot fired round was possible. Good catch.
Here are the three recovered .45 acp bullets I’ve recovered from our range that were not ricochets.

db2deff080cc91f2564211746e39321d.jpg

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
happens at USSA all the time. i agree with you, comes of the steel on the 25 yard ranges and Lord only knows where it goes. have been at my truck, south side of berm of 25 yard range, and hear bullets hissing through the air. never heard of anyone injured by the strays though.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
happens at USSA all the time. i agree with you, comes of the steel on the 25 yard ranges and Lord only knows where it goes. have been at my truck, south side of berm of 25 yard range, and hear bullets hissing through the air. never heard of anyone injured by the strays though.

Yep, hear them all the time on both the 50's and the 25's. I wonder how many of them could be from the Sheriff's range just to the north. I will say after taking my OHL class at Tulsa Gun Club I really appreciate the open lanes at USSA. Even my lil .22 sounded loud in their pistol bays and didn't care for their ejection shields that bounced the brass back at me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom