Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, it is OFFICIAL ... THIS little girl is a ****ing badass ...

Eta: Damned NBA won't let me post a link to her pic ... bastards ...

Not only is she cute as a button she is strong as an ox. I'm glad she's my trainer. I have come so much farther in such a short time with her than I ever thought possible.

If any of you guys need a "home gym" I cannot recommend the crew at Anytime Fitness in Bethany highly enough ... @Biggsly than you SO much for turning me into them. I was there 2 hours today. 3 months ago I barely lasted 30 minutes. Thanks again!!
Glad you are doing good. Like I said, the first month is always the hardest.

By the way. I did go in at 4 am and work back, before I went to work.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh jeez ... I learned the hard way back when I first started walking that "too sore to exercise today" is a sure sign you need to get up and move or it only gets worse the third day ... AND it's too easy to just give up because you never make any forward movement.

Yesterday was the first day I have honestly lifted weights since WAY before my surgery (those little 5 pound weights they used at physical therapy don't count).

I have spent ALL DAY trying to convince myself I NEEDED to go to the gym. I'm glad I did now. Did an hour of cardio -- I really like that bike program that changes the intensity every 60 seconds. It keeps my heart rate up, even on the "easy" minutes but really pushes me out of my comfort zone on the "hard" minutes. I am sweating like a whore on dollar day when I'm done.

Since my weight workout was all upper body yesterday, I kinda felt like I needed to do SOMETHING to work out the soreness so I figured I'd do a half hour on the row machine. I only made it 15 minutes, but I feel a LOT better.

Tomorrow may be an off day because we have things to do, but I'm gonna really try to do get there and do a repeat of the upper body workout she had me do Friday. That will give me Monday to do "just cardio" before I see her again on Tuesday and get my ass handed to me.

Speaking of ass, damn I wish my glutes would stop hurting! Lol

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh jeez ... I learned the hard way back when I first started walking that "too sore to exercise today" is a sure sign you need to get up and move or it only gets worse the third day ... AND it's too easy to just give up because you never make any forward movement.

Yesterday was the first day I have honestly lifted weights since WAY before my surgery (those little 5 pound weights they used at physical therapy don't count).

I have spent ALL DAY trying to convince myself I NEEDED to go to the gym. I'm glad I did now. Did an hour of cardio -- I really like that bike program that changes the intensity every 60 seconds. It keeps my heart rate up, even on the "easy" minutes but really pushes me out of my comfort zone on the "hard" minutes. I am sweating like a whore on dollar day when I'm done.

Since my weight workout was all upper body yesterday, I kinda felt like I needed to do SOMETHING to work out the soreness so I figured I'd do a half hour on the row machine. I only made it 15 minutes, but I feel a LOT better.

Tomorrow may be an off day because we have things to do, but I'm gonna really try to do get there and do a repeat of the upper body workout she had me do Friday. That will give me Monday to do "just cardio" before I see her again on Tuesday and get my ass handed to me.

Speaking of ass, damn I wish my glutes would stop hurting! Lol
that's lactic acid buildup, and yes, its best t get ya azz moving and get that blood flowing...great work!!!!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so the doc put me back on restriction with regard to weightlifting (until they can get a "better look" with "real" xrays ... (my dysphagiagram showed something troubling with the plates that are holding everything in place right now -- not terrible news, we are just being cautious) but I can still do cardio so I wore myself out on the rowing machine yesterday. It was a good workout. I worked up a good sweat for an hour on the stationary bike and then did a half hour on the rower to cool down. The muscles between my shoulders are good and sore today.

Today I took it kinda easy and just did some bodyweight stuff at home. Planks, some other about work, pushups on the wall, and the exercises they gave me during physical therapy. Anything I could do that wouldn't put a strain my neck, but still worked my abs and glutes and legs. I was gonna do some armwork but I could feel it a little too much in my neck for me to be comfortable doing them. Better safe than sorry.

I really ought to go to the gym and do some cardio but, I have a bazillion excuses why I can't get in the car and go down the street -- the biggest one is I'm just pooped. Lol

It's so weird to me that I "MISS" doing my cardio if I now if I don't get it in. I'm hoping I'll start feeling that way about weightlifting eventually.

GOOD NEWS!! I know you guys who haven't seen me don't know what a big deal this is but I've lost 5 pounds in the last 14 days. (Doctor's appointments were timed just right, so I weighed on the same scales. I was ecstatic! Doc thinks until we get the swallowing thing figured out I should cut down a little bit because he knows I'm (or at least was, until Tuesday) lifting weights so he says I'm losing too fast, since he's sure I'm also building muscle.

I appreciate you guys letting me ramble on about this stuff. The old man could care less -- not that he doesn't care about my health -- he is just not interested in ANYTHING that even remotely resembles breaking a sweat ... And I've gotten to where I REALLY enjoy my time at the gym ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom