Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figured out the easiest and best way to loose weight - or gain it: Eat for the weight you wish to attain. I started at 211lbs a month ago and I'm down to 205. I eat what I figure I need to eat to weigh 180 to 185 and it is working. As far as fitness, I'm too old to give a damn.

Woody

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this has turned out to be a "recovery" week for me. I've only been to the gym twice this week. That ain't gonna cut it, even if I am not eating a lot.

Tomorrow I GOTTA do some cardio. Probably Sunday, too, but it will have to be after the Tri-City Match. I'm sure looking forward to that. Weather is supposed to be pretty nice.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
18.63 miles with the Landrunners yesterday, 11.27 easy solo miles this morning.

3 times in the last 10 days I've seen the same young doe right next to the road, within a 1/3 mile stretch. It's very neat to run within 10-25 feet of a deer while it just watches you go by.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... so I missed the match at Tri-City. Set my alarm for 6 ... PM ... sheesh ... Woke up just in time to realize there was no way I was getting there in time. So, I went to the gym and did my hour of cardio.

Have done an hour of cardio every day this week and lifted twice. I think I have enough confidence that I won't hurt myself that I'm gonna do some weight stuff Saturday. Been trying to eat but still having trouble with swallowing and my stomach -- which are two different things. I've done some reading on intermittent fasting. Seems that is what I have been doing "accidentally" and that could be why I'm dropping weight like I am. I also don't see that issue resolving anytime soon so I gotta figure out a way to get some QUALITY calories in me on a regular basis pretty soon. A woman can live on protein shakes and marshmallows for only so long.

I guess walking/running any length of time is out of the question for a while. I did a mile and a half at the park this afternoon, with an ankle brace on, just to see what would happen. My ankle and my calf are now one and the top of my foot is swollen as ****. I'm sitting here with ice on it now. Oddly enough, it didn't bother me while I was walking but I'm sure feeling it now. LOL As God is my witness, I am living proof that if it ain't one thing, it's 6 others. Still, as long as I can ride that stationary bike and lift weights I am golden. I'm not gonna quit because my blood pressure, resting heart rate and bloodwork are all normal. Not something that you could say about me last March. AND I am stronger now that I was even 3 months ago. I never thought I'd see the day I would enjoy working out but it is here ... Never say never ... lol

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6.56 easy miles today. Took it easy ahead of a small local 5k tomorrow.

I'm looking to PR the race without checking pace on my watch at all. I'm thinking I'll either end up with the PR or suffer a massive implosion by mile 2!

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PR'd the 5k today, and am sitting at a little over 6 miles for the day.
Just got back home after spending all day out and about between the race, junk show, kids soccer games, and grocery shopping... Somehow I need to find the energy for 9-10 more miles.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, no cardio Saturday and Sunday, but did lift weights Saturday. Yesterday was my typical hour of cardio and today was lifting and cardio again. I dunno what happened because I felt pretty good after the weight session and started on the stationary bike and about 10 minutes in I hit a wall. It took everything I had to finish my 60 minutes and I really didn't push like I usually do. My heart rate averaged 124 when it usually averages in the low 140s. Came home took a shower and a nap (something I NEVER do) and still felt like crap.

Maybe it's because I'm not eating regularly. I got to thinking about it and I hadn't eaten since Thursday night so I had some cheese (about an ounce) and some potassium tablets and a magnesium capsule. I feel like I am stuffed to the gills. I think I'll turn in early tonight and see how I feel in the morning before I commit to hitting the gym tomorrow. I don't want to take too much time off because I don't want to lose the progress I've made.

On the bright side, my blood pressure is good (110/65) and so is my glucose (72) 2 hours after eating, so I think I'll just soldier on.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Buddhaman @Commander Keen @FOG @Biggsly where you guys be?? :wave:

I'm still plugging along ... I finally broke down and got some scales. Curiosity got the better of me ... :blush:I'm about to break into the 150s, weight wise. The cardio 5 days a week feels good to me now, and doesn't feel taxing, if that makes sense, so I think I'm gonna add 15 minutes a day and bump up the intensity on the bike a notch. Weights 3 times a week still makes me insanely sore, but I still can't hold my Glock up and shoot without stovepiping on a fairly regular basis, and feels heavy if I shoot very much, so I'm positive the malfunctions are from weakness in my shoulders and upper back. All I know to do is stick with it. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and I didn't get this weak overnight, but I can see and feel positive movement so I'm good.

I bought a pint of vanilla ice cream tonight just because it's my favorite and it looked good at the store. Tasted like ****. Good thing the dogs like ice cream. Lol I would have never believed it could happen but apparently I have completely lost my taste for processed foods. The old man bought some potato chips. I got a handful. Spit out what was in my mouth and fed the rest of my handful to the dogs ... they were so happy. Lol I can remember when I would snack all day long and not feel full. Now I NEVER snack and feel fine. Better than I did before even.

Anybody who thinks they can't do it needs to rethink it. You can. It won't be easy. You will have days when you are absolutely miserable and wonder why you bother. But once you are over that hump you will regret that you didn't start sooner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom