Fixed sights for flat top AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...next AR conversation: fixed sights.
My 5.56 has a Leupold Mark AR and my 300 has a Burris MTAC....for this one I want irons.

I dont have the A2 front sight on the rifle nor a carry handle.
I dont think I want ones that flip up and down...just something thats "always there" and dont need to be deployed.
Seems most sights like that are set up for rifles with a dropped cheek comb so I'm not sure about height for a good cheek weld.
Anybody have suggestions here?
I found a set that look like they would do the job but the price scares me (they are REALLY cheap).

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well a little reading answered my question and made up my mind.

Yes, they are the same height...however with the way its set up you adjust the point in the center...and that makes it "not necessarily" centered in the hood circle. When you view it through a peep in the rear your brain wants to make the circles concentric...even though that may not be zero for you so you have to resist that urge.
So for that reason the M4 style is better for this setup. Good to have learned.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the picatinny rail S&W M&P22 factory takeoffs on one of my AR's... They're pretty dang cheap too, but they hold accuracy. Irons are Irons, within reason

Latest posts

Top Bottom