Flag left in while putting on the green.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard more than one pro athlete say that they play golf specifically because they don't have to excel at it--they can get out on the links and have a good time even if they suck at it.
I thought to be a "pro" you had to qualify which means a knack for the sport?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard more than one pro athlete say that they play golf specifically because they don't have to excel at it--they can get out on the links and have a good time even if they suck at it.

That's me. I like to play scrambles, or best ball. I suck off the Tee, but do ok on the greens. It's fun razzing the buddies, especially the ones that take it seriously.

I have a great story about a company sponsored scramble. On #3, it's a par 3 across a pond. "John" started coaching everybody's technique on #1. Stance, swing, etc.
When we got to #3, he plunked three balls into the pond. Got mad as hell, threw his bag into the pond and started walking toward the parking lot.
About 50 yards into his trek, he spun around, walked with a purpose back into the pond, picked up his bag, removed his car keys and dropped the bag back into the pond. Walked out and we didn't see him until Monday at work, and boy did he catch hell!!
That same tourney, another guy missed a shot, tossed his club in the air and it hung up in a tree overhead. He caught hell too on Monday. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom