Flashlight EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to test ............while looking inside an airplane at work. ;)

You don't need a light inside the airplane, just hit your head on the overhead bin or tv monitor and everything will light up With stars!!
I happily pocket carried a Fenix LD21 for 3 years and it disappeared recently. SAD!!
Currently trying the Streamlight PROTAC 1L-1AA and I'm not reall excited with it using AA batteries and the body itself is slick and needs some texture.
Much better with lumination with CR123's but a bit spendy and still has a slippy light body.
Gonna run over to Fenix on Main st just south of 81st in BA and check out something different and just see what they have.

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried a Fenix PD20 or PD22 in clipped to my left pocket almost everyday since the fall of 2007. Liked the PD20 the best but lost it and bought a PD22. Found the PD20 and gave it to my wife. It quit working about 2 years ago. A pocket light is the handiest tool I've ever carried and feel naked without one.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried a few different Fenix Lights for several years. Started with a small single AA battery model with two light output settings, went to a PD25 single CR123 battery light and now have a PD35 tactical in my pocket every day. Always prefer to carry in a pocket.

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Fenix LD12 for about 5 yrs now. Prefer the AA battery just cause we keep them stocked at work and that's where I use my light the most.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any new suggestions for daily carry flashlights?
I'm now carrying a Streamlight ProTac 2LX for 9 months after losing my 2nd Fenix, an LD22 i think it was.
So far the Streamlight is pretty good

Last edited:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Streamlight ProTac 90

protac90_01.jpg

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a surefire E2E for a long time. Before that had a first run jetbeam 1AA led light I carried and loved that thing but a battery leak destroyed it. Got my son a Microstream for his birthday yesterday. Its a slick little light for the money. I will be interested to see how it does getting dropped from trees. Used as a small hammer and pry device and so on.

These aren't gunsite operator rated but man this is one of the coolest lights I have seen in a long time. Saw a LEO carrying one in his vest a couple years ago one night. I had to have one. They are so useful in a kit or truck.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785NJ7QY

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom