Fly Fishing near Eureka Springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a trophy area on the white below Beaver Lake. I’d suggest you might want to look at renting canoes or kayaks to put in below the dam and fish the pools on your float down river.
Right now there is high water being discharged at the dam but it might be back to normal when your there.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a good idea but I’ll be wade fishing this time. Any good spots for that?

Literally all of the water in that area is good to great fishing. Just hop on google maps and look for public access locations. I believe there are several public use areas below Beaver Lake and a few areas along the Kings at first glance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be a few weeks before I can go. I know summer is not the best time but I’m ready to get on the river!
Summer isn't a bad time to go. The trout will be holding in the pools and shady areas during the day while venturing out to the gravel bars during early morning and late evening.
If your going closer to fall and there are some leaves on top of the water they tend to congregate in rows in the center of the river. Bugs collect on the leaves and the trout target them. A midge, scud, or a copper wound hares ear under a strike indicator should get some action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom