FN Browning Hi Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd send that to Karl Sokol and have him do a carry package on it sans finish if you like it the way it is. He can do all this and more.

Novak front and rear
Trigger job
Crown barrel
Throat and polish barrel, chamber, tune extractor, deburr breech face and firing pin hole
Fit and tune mags
Semi-bob hammer
Round and smooth trigger
Wolff 18 1/2 # recoil spring and F.P. spring

Finish optional:
Stipple front and rear of frame
Dehorn
Bevel mag well
Refinish with black Mountain Tuff

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine (Belgian) has a Bar-Sto barrel fitted. If you carried a 1911 for awhile, you will appreciate the slender slide of the Hi-Power. But getting someone to improve the trigger pull would also be a good thing to do.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Received the Fast safety kit from BHSpring solution , pretty easy install and now I just have to get it to the range to check function.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Received the Fast safety kit from BHSpring solution , pretty easy install and now I just have to get it to the range to check function.
I had a factory SFS equipped HP in .40 cal. Loved that gun. If it had been a 9mm, I might still have it. A fantastic system that is very underrated. I'm sure you'll like it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a factory SFS equipped HP in .40 cal. Loved that gun. If it had been a 9mm, I might still have it. A fantastic system that is very underrated. I'm sure you'll like it.

Put my revolver in my jacket and strapped the Hi power on to see how it carried with the new hammer while walking my four legged brats !! Loved it, huge improvement over the stock hammer cocked and locked. Like the idea of the drop safety as well. In construction and **** happens and while I have never dropped a pistol YET it could happen >:cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20200316_203536.jpg
Cocked and locked ! Love how the safety re-cocks the hammer. Cool design and may buy the same type system for my 1911.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. That's what I liked about the SFS--it made the HP so much easier to carry without the hammer being cocked and locked. Much easier to draw the pistol with no protruding hammer to catch on one's cover garment. Like I said, a hugely underrated operating system. The guys at BH Spring Solutions have breathed some new life into that old design.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I could not stand it
20200501_173337.jpg
20200501_173356.jpg
and with Covid putting family out of work I could not justify spending a lot money on my HP so I worked on some of the worst dings and scratches and blued it until this deal settles and I can send it in for ceracoat and some better sights. May be C&S trigger stuff in the mail....... :cool:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I could not stand it View attachment 161544 View attachment 161545 and with Covid putting family out of work I could not justify spending a lot money on my HP so I worked on some of the worst dings and scratches and blued it until this deal settles and I can send it in for ceracoat and some better sights. May be C&S trigger stuff in the mail....... :cool:
If you put the C&S wide trigger in it, chances are better than average that you'll have to shorten the trigger lever, if you also remove the mag safety (or if you've already done so). I have no experience with the C&S trigger with a mag safety in the gun, but the C&S trigger and no mag safety changes the trigger geometry enough that the trigger lever (aka, trigger lifter) usually must be filed down a bit. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom