Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a nice pocket folder. Specifically, I like the Spyderco Delica 4 and the Benchmade Barrage, but am open to other suggestions.

Utility / defense knife, plain edge.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not be of the same quality of the knives you mentioned, I don't know much about knives, but I've been carrying a Kershaw Blur for awhile now & I really like it alot.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck Vantage Pro. American made. Buck quality and warranty. Excellent blade design. S30v steel with the famous BOS heat treat

They run around $40-60

www.bladeplay.com_imgs_shop_by_brand_all_buck_buck_vintage_forge_pro_0847bls_b.jpg

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of Kershaws that I really like are the Rake and the Junkyard Dog II. Both with the composite blades with the D2 edge. I also LOVE my Kershaw Lahar with VG10 steel, but I don't think that make that blade anymore. Shame it's a kick ass design, and one hell of a EDC knife.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a defensive folder, one of the best is the Benchmade 805 TSEK. For EDC, I'm also enjoying the 890 Torrent. But, I'm a Benchmade nut, so take that with a grain of salt! :)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a spyderco nut, I'd have to say the Para Military-2 (for a larger knife) or the Sage 1 or 2 for a smaller one. Both series fit me perfectly (I have medium sized hands and don't really like folding knives with a 4" or longer blade).

Right now you can pre-order a Sprint Run Orange Para2 in CTS-XHP steel from Cutleryshoppe.com for only a few bucks more than the standard Para2. I just did.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a spyderco nut, I'd have to say the Para Military-2 (for a larger knife) or the Sage 1 or 2 for a smaller one. Both series fit me perfectly (I have medium sized hands and don't really like folding knives with a 4" or longer blade).

Right now you can pre-order a Sprint Run Orange Para2 in CTS-XHP steel from Cutleryshoppe.com for only a few bucks more than the standard Para2. I just did.

There's EZB! I hoped that you would chime in. I don't know much about those knives but I'll check them out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm carrying my S30v Para2 right now. Just cleaned the sap off of it after cutting some marshmallow roasting sticks (me and the fam are on top of Mt Nebo in Arkansas toughing it out in a tent). Mmmmm Smores for breakfast :thumb

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of Kershaws that I really like are the Rake and the Junkyard Dog II. Both with the composite blades with the D2 edge. I also LOVE my Kershaw Lahar with VG10 steel, but I don't think that make that blade anymore. Shame it's a kick ass design, and one hell of a EDC knife.

I have a Kershaw Leek that I carry quite a bit now, but the blade seems too delicate for me. On the other hand, it is nice and thin which I like. I'll check out your recommendations - thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom