Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the crap out of this Benchmade 890 Torrent. I'd say it's easily my favorite Benchmade ever.

Glad to hear that, ez! Check out my other knives I've listed on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/sooner4774/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1. In addition to those, I'm also selling a couple of Benchmade autos that can't be listed on eBay - a Benchmade Presidio 5000 Auto Axis for $220.00, and a Benchmade 3150 Lerch Impel Auto for $140.00. I'll be posting those for sale with pics here on OSA soon, but you and the other regulars in this forum get first crack at them! I've gotta thin the herd in my knife collection; finished my first 5.56 AR build over the weekend and now I'm itching to build a 6.8.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear that, ez! Check out my other knives I've listed on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/sooner4774/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1. In addition to those, I'm also selling a couple of Benchmade autos that can't be listed on eBay - a Benchmade Presidio 5000 Auto Axis for $220.00, and a Benchmade 3150 Lerch Impel Auto for $140.00. I'll be posting those for sale with pics here on OSA soon, but you and the other regulars in this forum get first crack at them! I've gotta thin the herd in my knife collection; finished my first 5.56 AR build over the weekend and now I'm itching to build a 6.8.

Appreciate that, man.

After seeing your M390 Barrage, I jumped online to pick one up, but then I saw KnifeWorks just got in a batch of these (so I ordered one - crap, I'm way over budget for my toys this Christmas season):

BM8101401.1.jpg

BM8101401B.jpg

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rocking the Thermite from Kershaw right now. Honestly its a banger of a folder that has seriously impressed me. I usually dont carry chinese folders but I took a chance on this one and couldnt be happier.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rocking the Thermite from Kershaw right now. Honestly its a banger of a folder that has seriously impressed me. I usually dont carry chinese folders but I took a chance on this one and couldnt be happier.

That's exactly how I feel about the Injection 3.5 man. I was already considering picking up the Thermite, I may have to pull the trigger now.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that Benchmade 801 went to my old address (forgot to update my KnifeWorks profile), so while I had an additional day to wait, I may have had a moment of weakness:

i256.photobucket.com_albums_hh194_hopimilo7_IMG_3140.jpg

i256.photobucket.com_albums_hh194_hopimilo7_IMG_3153.jpg

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, posting from a phone so my posts aren't as detailed as usual. Technically, ESEE doesn't make any knives. They have used several manufacturing companies over the years (TOPS, Rowen, Ontario, BRK, etc.).

The Zancudo is a $30 budget folder made in the same factory as the RAT-1 (according to Blade Forums), so quality should be about the same. I hear complaints on both folders about lack of grippy texture, but other than that, they are both top notch budget folders.

I'd probably look at the Kershaw injection and Spyderco Tenacious/Persistence first, but if you want another quality budget folder in the mix, the RAT-1 and Zancudo are both supposed to be high-value folders.

Oh, and as to the Izula Folder, yeah - I've been waiting a long time on that knife. I can't wait for it.

Edited: I was hauling downed tree limbs earlier and didn't have time to realize what you were saying. I just looked it up on the ESEE website and I don't see the Zancudo anywhere, but oddly enough - stamped on the side of the blade is:

images.knifecenter.com_thumb_1500x1500_knifecenter_ratknives_images_RCBRKR1DC.jpg

Isn't that a hidden E-S-EE in there? Now I'm curious about this - I could swear I saw it listed as an ESEE somewhere (though online retailers miss state things all the time), but the ESEE Knives site is silent on the Zancudo. I know it's listed as being designed by both Mike Perrin and Jeff Randal, but that doesn't necessarily make it a Randal's Adventure Training / ESEE knife - still, the logo then throws me.

I'll probably buy the Orange and Digi-Cam one.

esee knives is the collaboration between RAT/ESEE and rowen mfg. ontario and a couple others made rat knives. rat cutlery/esee knives have always been made by rowen. except for the Becker-designed kitchen knives, and a few folder prototypes.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe this will clear it up a bit.

Posted this here since this is NOT an ESEE Knife. This is being built by Blueridge Knives. It is our design and they are building the design under license (same as the deal with the Ontario Model 1 folder).

Basic specs are:

Opened Length: 7"
Blade Length (tip to handle): 2 15/16"
Cutting Edge Length: 2 3/4"
Blade Thickness: 3/32"
Full Flat Grind
Overall Handle Thickness: 3/8"
AUS-8 Steel
Framelock
Tip Up or Tip Down carry
Ambi Thumb Stud

Street price should be about the same or a little better than the Ontario Model 1 folder

ONLY available from Blueridge Knives so contact them for pricing and dealers who will have them.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom