Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My EDC is a Spyderco Delica 4 and I love it. It's the sharpest knife I've ever had from factory. Lightweight and sturdy.

Best knife I have owned to date. Would not trade it for much. When I first got it, It seemed a little cheap feeeling to me because I was used to huge heavy knives. The more I use it the more I realize it is not cheap in any way and it is very high quality. Easily takes an edge and holds it longer than most I have had, All while being stainless more or less.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally met up with my pops and picked up TallPrarie's old Cold Steel Code4.

This is a weird knife - the specs do not do it justice as I thought for sure it was going to have a blade the size of the American Lawman with an enormous handle - it's actually quite nicely balanced (length-wise), but is incredibly thin.

So it falls into the "large-folder/gentlemen's knife/beater-tough/uber-thin" category of knives (and I don't currently have a knife anywhere near this one to compare it to).

I want to dislike it, but it is really kind of a unique, very functional folder.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my ZT 0801 in and it's one of the last folders on my list (still to go is a Spyderco Southard and a Benchmade 300-1).

I was having a lot of serious second thoughts about selling my 0561 and was just looking at it and thinking "damn, I'm going to buy this knife for a 3rd time now if I sell it and immediately miss it". This 0801 just filled the niche that the 0561 left. It is truly a work of art and the moment I flipped one open over at Sports World, I knew I'd own one. I really appreciate Todd Rexford's designs more with each new folder I get my hands on.

boomer23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that Benchmade 801 went to my old address (forgot to update my KnifeWorks profile), so while I had an additional day to wait, I may have had a moment of weakness:

i256.photobucket.com_albums_hh194_hopimilo7_IMG_3140.jpg

i256.photobucket.com_albums_hh194_hopimilo7_IMG_3153.jpg

Which benchmade is this?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just ordered the Benchmade 300-1 (Flipper with Blue contoured G10 scales), and a large Axis Walnut Bone Collector from SSK. Now that my camera is up and running again, I need to post some pics.

FYI, Benchmade is discontinuing both the Lone Wolf and Bone Collector series (to be replaced by the new Hunt series), so if you wanted a Bone Collector or Lone Wolf series BM, I'd act quickly.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got the Benchmade 300-1 Flipper in (love it). It's everything I liked about the 300SN, but with the improved ergos, coloring, and lighter due to less G10.

My large Walnut Axis Bone Collector also came in and it's friggin HUGE. I'll probably be ditching it soon. I guess the BC series was just never meant for me - the small was too small and the large was too large.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive added a few cheaper work knives to my collection in the last few months. The first being a Spyderco Resilience and the second is a Spyderco Tenacious. Tonight I ordered a ZT 350 and cheap Lansky diamond sharping kit. Still looking for a Spyderco Para Military and benchmade onslaught for a decent or sale price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom