Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethan16

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to cross-threads, but to build on the previous post, if you want one of the baddest Mule Teams ever made, I'd be on the lookout for the next one made from this stuff (I seriously doubt it will be under $100, but even at that - this is a laminate made from some of the most top-notch super-steels out there - $100 would be a screaming deal for a blank Mule Team).

Is there is a mailing list to get this info from spyderco? I love the mule team concept and wouldn't mind owning more....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there is a mailing list to get this info from spyderco? I love the mule team concept and wouldn't mind owning more....

I try and post the info here as soon as I learn about them. You can become a fan of Spyderco's facebook page, or learn about the various upcoming projects on the Spyderco Forums or Blade Forums.

Other than that, it's all word-of-mouth.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1794802_736319296387554_536192582_n.jpg

1904137_733211653364985_996423342_n.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New rule EZ.... pics must accompany all talk of new knives arriving at your door.

I'm still working out the kinks with my photo setup here since I moved (and trying to find time to take pics). I promise updated pics of the collection sometime soon.

I've been selling off the stuff I don't use, and for once in a very long time - my collection is starting to look pretty close to the same all the time. I'm to the point where I actually have "enough" folding knives :D

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just received a kershaw thermite and swerve in the mail. First impressions are switched of how I thought I'd feel. I was excited about the thermite and okay on the swerve but after holding them for a while, I'm not so sure about the thermite. Might be too long and skinny for my hand. I don't feel like I can use the flipper and maintain a good grip like with my other kershaws.

The swerve is definitely Chinese made and I'm not big on the river wash blade but the ergonomics are great and the heft us just right for me. I wish they hadn't gone with the crappy pocket clip design (one that forces tip up carry and can't be easily swapped out for a deep pocket clip).

All told I'm still a bigger fan of the RAM but these have potential for work knives

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a Skyline for a short period of time.
Seemed like a well built knife, I just couldn't get past how thin it was and the blade was a little short for my taste so I never really used it.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK my favorite knife so far was the Spyderco Native, loved the steel, the weight, the angle of the handle the geometry everything except the handle material. I have a manix right now that I carry but I don't feel the same way about it the ergos feel off, I like my millie but its too big.

EZ I know you have something I should try.

Edit: the Native blade seeemed a tad short, but the Manix is too big imo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom