Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Modern folding knives that have cap lifters also?

I see the Kershaw Funxion

any others?

What do you mean by "modern"? The Kershaw Shuffle has an opener as well, but I think it's placement is a horrible idea based on where my hand typically falls on the handle.

Any Swiss Army Knife will have one, but I find that carrying a small multi-tool/pry-bar with one built-in (on a keychain) works better for me.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My recommendation would be to get a small 2.5 fixed blade neck knife in a scandi grind put a microbevel on it and forget about folders. Folders suck

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My recommendation would be to get a small 2.5 fixed blade neck knife in a scandi grind put a microbevel on it and forget about folders. Folders suck

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You keep posting that you no longer own folding knives, but a "full-tang" fixed blade (your Mora 2000). First off, it's not full-tang:

www.knifeforums.com_uploads_1216241748_mora_xray.jpg

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=19586

Second, this is a thread dedicated to folders. Why does it upset you that people would be discussing folding knives? We have a dedicated fixed-blade thread.

Also, Scandi Grinds suck for EDC use, Mora's Heat-treat generally sucks (but most folks don't complain about a $12 knife, so they deal with it) and can you even name three production 2.5" fixed blade neck knives with a true Scandi grind?

Last edited:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
woah lets go easy on the scandi grind.

Haha - Man, I'm just saying: if you're chopping through a stump, making a feather stick, or notching limbs for a shelter - it's great. If you're doing EDC stuff like slicing up some food (especially crispy fruit - like an apple or pear), cutting cardboard boxes to break them down, trying to whittle, slice paper or thin plastic, or slice anything really...

It's not the most ideal grind you can have. I'm not knocking everyone who EDCs a Fixed-blade, but to say that folders suck is probably the silliest thing I've read on this message board (and I've read a lot of ridiculous threads on this message board in the few years I've been a member).

I like fixed blades. I like folders. Can't we all just get along?

Latest posts

Top Bottom