Folks in Norman , Shawnee, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course, we also have household damage. 1 window all the way, and the other only got the outer pane.
IMG8926373071759426901.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We rushed outside to bring our potted vegetables to safety under the porch. We live on the east side and were watching live as the west side was getting pummeled. When we went outside, you could hear the roar of the wind, rain and hail slowly getting louder as it approached. I’ve never been in a tornado but imagine the sound was similar.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I got off very lucky. We are on the south side of Norman and as far as I can tell tonight, we didn't get any damage. A few of my friends here in Norman didn't fair so well.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just crawled into bed after spending two hours boarding up windows at one rental. Windows, siding, facia, lights, garage doors, everything on the north and west sides of the house.
We didn't loose any windows at home, but the roof took a pounding. I'm betting garage door is toast along with the roof, west and north side wood parts.
A buddy who is a roofer was getting calls as it was happening. One older person called, the skylights were broken out and rain pouring in.
Maybe I'll do an eat and shoot, I'll bring the eats and yall bring the nail guns, I'll even let someone play with mine. Git-er-done in no time.
At least no leaks. Now to wait for the adjuster.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why car dealers here don't insist on having covered canopies.
Not sure if things have changed but many years ago when I sold cars it was a boon to have a lot full of hail damaged cars. The insurance pays off the dealer. The dealer only pays to make a car legal to sell (at their discounted parts/labor rate). They put up a huge "HAIL DAMAGE SALE". People flock in thinking they'll get a deal. In reality, the dealer tries to make even more money off those cars by not knocking off the entire amount they got from insurance. Plus the additional foot traffic alone means their sales go up.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if things have changed but many years ago when I sold cars it was a boon to have a lot full of hail damaged cars. The insurance pays off the dealer. The dealer only pays to make a car legal to sell (at their discounted parts/labor rate). They put up a huge "HAIL DAMAGE SALE". People flock in thinking they'll get a deal. In reality, the dealer tries to make even more money off those cars by not knocking off the entire amount they got from insurance. Plus the additional foot traffic alone means their sales go up.
That and wind blown hail that comes in sideways will still damage vehicles and still need the insurance, repair process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom