Folks in Norman , Shawnee, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody seen the video of the high winds blowing thru a Norman apt building last night? I saw it on FB and tried to find it elsewhere for you guys. I could not find it and when I went back to FB I could not find it there either.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody seen the video of the high winds blowing thru a Norman apt building last night? I saw it on FB and tried to find it elsewhere for you guys. I could not find it and when I went back to FB I could not find it there either.
Yes!! It looked like a wind tunnel. I believe David Payne posted it on his FB page.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sucks and I feel for you guys. Oklahoma has to have the most extreme weather in country. We get it all.

Even Hurrycanes! "Erin" in 2007

https://www.weather.gov/oun/events-20070819

The eye went right over our farmhouse.

homepage_fxc.jpg

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the video of hail hitting a swimming pool in Norman on Channel 4 news....the impacts were splashing water in the pool very high in the air.......They said the hail falls at over 100 miles per hour and some of the hail stones were tennis ball size.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new car dealers on the mile of cars in Norman have the majority if not all of their cars damaged. I called thinking I could get a new Honda CRV with minimal damage at a discount. The guy said, "we can put the windshield and rear window in and let you have it for $4,000 less than the asking price." I told the guy, no thanks. Body work would cost over $4,000. Top skin, door skins, hood, trim replacement etc. I'll buy a new undamaged one if I buy.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new car dealers on the mile of cars in Norman have the majority if not all of their cars damaged. I called thinking I could get a new Honda CRV with minimal damage at a discount. The guy said, "we can put the windshield and rear window in and let you have it for $4,000 less than the asking price." I told the guy, no thanks. Body work would cost over $4,000. Top skin, door skins, hood, trim replacement etc. I'll buy a new undamaged one if I buy.
I'd also be leery of vehicles that had the windshield fully penetrated by hail, allowing rain into the dash area.

Water and electronic circuitry are not friends.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom