Foodsaver at Sams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder how this model does on foods that are less than dry. Example: fresh meat. I have always had problems with the "vacuum" pulling juice out and then it will not seal. The compartment style vacuum packers don't do this.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has a setting for items that are not dry and has a small drip tray, but I don't think it will do near as well as a compartment style. I am going to be using it with Mylar bags for dried goods. Most things that are wet or liquid will get frozen and then bagged. I am thinking about bagging a old Glock 17 and some ammo to stash away.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has a setting for items that are not dry and has a small drip tray, but I don't think it will do near as well as a compartment style. I am going to be using it with Mylar bags for dried goods. Most things that are wet or liquid will get frozen and then bagged. I am thinking about bagging a old Glock 17 and some ammo to stash away.

The last part works well I know a guy who vacuumed sealed a 1911 some mags ammo and some gi ar mags with some cash place d it in a 30cal ammo can and buried it for five years. Dug it up and all was well. For oklahoma clay soil I was impressed with the results. Just used a heavy oil on gun no problems whatsoever.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have one of the lower models but it does have a "wet" and "dry" food button and mine also has a seal only function that works good for resealing chips and things of that nature. I also use one of the attachments that allows you to vacuum seal wide mouth mason jars which can be found up to 1/2 gallon in stores which work great for hyper marinating meats or storing things that are dry and not used extremely often like corn meal, baking powder, spices bought in bulk, etc.

You can also find some gallon and larger jars online if you want to seal dry goods for long term storage.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder how this model does on foods that are less than dry. Example: fresh meat. I have always had problems with the "vacuum" pulling juice out and then it will not seal. The compartment style vacuum packers don't do this.

Partially freeze the item your wanting to pack, and the juices won't interfere with the seal. I learned this the hard way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last part works well I know a guy who vacuumed sealed a 1911 some mags ammo and some gi ar mags with some cash place d it in a 30cal ammo can and buried it for five years. Dug it up and all was well. For oklahoma clay soil I was impressed with the results. Just used a heavy oil on gun no problems whatsoever.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

I'd have used some scrap iron. My guns are for shooting.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the grill, ours came with a bowl about 3" deep and 6X6 to pull a vacuum for marinating short term. Works well.

Mine doesn't have a hose or bowl attachment.
Last year during youth deer season on the OYHSP we vacuum packed 3 deer for the successful hunters, including ground meat. It was a compartment style vacuum packer. I think if I ever get another, I will get that style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom