For all you AK nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that actually looks pretty sweet. I'm not an ak guy, but he's giving those away. would be a pretty cool piece of hardware, if for nothing more than a conversation piece.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pretty neat, I would worry about the fact that they are old and may not hold up too good.

I got my NVD rifle scope from sportsmansguide for about the same price.

ai188.photobucket.com_albums_z167_waltham41_aknightscope.jpg

Kind of a high cheek weld, but it only takes one shot to be the winner.

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be old but they are UNUSED, in brand new condition! My shipment arrived yesterday and this thing is perfect!! I have yet to apply power to it since it is daylight and last night I was too tired to mess with it. I need to find a translated set of manuals for it. Dak do you have any leads for a set of em? If you have ever thought about NV for your ak/ak variant now would be the time to jump on board. I doubt you will ever find any in a condition this clean and pristine. The one I kept was made in 1986. The two my bud took were manufatcured in '83 and '87 I believe. The guy selling them also has "Complete repair kits" for $400. And for any of you worried about doing an out-of-country transaction, don't. This transaction went smoother than silk.
-Planefixr

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be old but they are UNUSED, in brand new condition! My shipment arrived yesterday and this thing is perfect!! I have yet to apply power to it since it is daylight and last night I was too tired to mess with it. I need to find a translated set of manuals for it. Dak do you have any leads for a set of em? If you have ever thought about NV for your ak/ak variant now would be the time to jump on board. I doubt you will ever find any in a condition this clean and pristine. The one I kept was made in 1986. The two my bud took were manufatcured in '83 and '87 I believe. The guy selling them also has "Complete repair kits" for $400. And for any of you worried about doing an out-of-country transaction, don't. This transaction went smoother than silk.
-Planefixr

Yeah I know a guy that sells em for $20, they're nicely bound too. here's his ad:

"Tech/Service manual = $19.95 Free Postage
Battery Service Manual = $7.95 Free Postage
Or, buy both for $25. Free Postage

Please use email only, if at all possible: [email protected]"

Make sure you use 2 1.2v rechargeable batteries and not 1.5 alkaline or you could burn it up. The original batteries are around 2.5 volts and not 3.0 volts that you'd get from regular alkaline batteries. You can get the 1.2 rechargeable ones at Walmart or RadioShack for under $20.

You need a flash hider too? I made one of my AKs into an AKMN clone for use with this NV scope.

Here's my Afghan AKMN clone

ai29.tinypic.com_skwb9d.jpg

the hider

ai25.tinypic.com_4vhcpf.jpg

I couldn't really tell the difference between the MolyResin on the rifle and the Black Oxide on the hider until that picture, I guess I need to spray and bake that too. The hider I got for $45 from a guy that makes them, the real ones are more expensive and have serial numbers to match the scopes they were issued with which wouldn't match up to my scope anyway.

I haven't even shot this puppy yet with the scope on it. Maybe once I get my membership to Red Castle I can go zero it before dark and again after it's dark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom