Forgive me........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
full-873-95028-282fegz.png

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive me John M. Browning for I have sinned.

I purchased a NIB Glock 17 Gen 5 and a 150 round bulk pack of Winch. 124 gr. 9mm ammo today.

Being a 1911 (first and foremost) and revolver guy all my life this Glock is now my only striker fired handgun and the first time I've ever owned anything chambered in 9mm.

Let the Games Begin !
View attachment 152497
No sins there!

I just bought my first foreign car (although it is built in the US - company is foreign). The damn thing was more affordable, better MPG, better ride, and better warranty than it's US counterparts. I never thought in my life I'd buy a new vehicle outside of the 'big 3', but I did and I'm happy with it. Same concept as the Glock vs. non-Glock crowds I suppose, just adding a few extra zeros to the price tag!

Enjoy your new Glock sir. They're great, but even as a Glock guy for a few decades, I still love my 1911's. Who says you can't have both!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgive me John M. Browning for I have sinned.

I purchased a NIB Glock 17 Gen 5 and a 150 round bulk pack of Winch. 124 gr. 9mm ammo today.

Being a 1911 (first and foremost) and revolver guy all my life this Glock is now my only striker fired handgun and the first time I've ever owned anything chambered in 9mm.

Let the Games Begin !
View attachment 152497

Blasphemy! Deceiver!
Unholy demon get thee behind me!

5a4b15b53120b_1911Glock.jpg.eca343534d38c59e81ab2dd8acaa83f8.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

upload_2020-2-2_1-23-48.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how you like that Glock trigger after a lifetime full of 1911s.

Just from dry firing I can already see that it's quite a bit different than a 1911 but I'll give myself a few hundred (more or less) rounds to get used to the G17 trigger and if I can't or determine that the strain isn't worth the gain I'll put it up for sale at a decent price.

I'm not a defeatist and I do want to master the Glock striker fired trigger and possibly down the road even start competing in GSSF matches in the Super Senior division but life's too short (especially when you're already 70) and if it doesn't eventually click in my head so be it.

Unless there's a trick to dry fire practice with the Glock getting the trigger to reset without ordering the dry fire trigger kit from the Glock Store for over $200.00 it's sort of a pain in the butt and gets old pretty quick......fire pull the slide back, fire pull the slide back.

https://www.glockstore.com/Reset-Trigger-Kit-for-Glock?quantity=1&custcol19=120

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom