Forgive me........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LoL

I own a couple of 1911s, and more than my fair share of Glocks.

Neither is my 1st choice as a personal defender carry gun. I mainly shoot Glock’s in GSSF competitions.

I get as much enjoyment helping twist the panties as you do watching it!!

I have owned a few 1911s and fired a few Glocks, personally I think they are both over rated. I prefer a good DA revolver or my old Ruger P89. Revolvers do not hold as many rounds and the P89 is heavy by today's standards, but I know either is going to go bang when I pull the trigger, and fit my hand.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Hangfire seemed to take a liking to that G17.

There may be some upcoming deals on 1911. Who knows, maybe a 1911 swap for a Glock because I think he is ready to go full-blown metric. 9mm and 10nm, put .45 ACP out to Pasture. Stand by and be ready to snipe that swap!!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Hangfire seemed to take a liking to that G17.

There may be some upcoming deals on 1911. Who knows, maybe a 1911 swap for a Glock because I think he is ready to go full-blown metric. 9mm and 10nm, put .45 ACP out to Pasture. Stand by and be ready to snipe that swap!!

After some grip coaching from @Mad Professor this morning I was actually able to hit a 25 yd. gong every once in awhile with the G17.

What had me psyched out prior to shooting the Glock was watching slow motion YouTube videos on the striker fired trigger reset and waiting to hear the click and or feel the reset but after totally forgetting that it existed and just getting down to shooting I enjoyed shooting the Glock.

Not sure what ammo he loaded but I was able to shoot a few mags through his new .22 LR Glock 44 at the 25 yd. gongs......it was accurate, fun to shoot and getting one for myself will probably be my next 2020 gun purchase.

So put your checkbooks away fellas the G17 isn't for sale......and my 1911's damn sure ain't going nowhere. :)

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two kinds of shooters.

Ones that own Glocks, and ones that will.
Welcome to perfection. :bighug:

Some azzhat always yells that lovely Glock phrase to this guy who's USPSA videos I've watched on YT. I find it a farce, personally.

Don't much care for Glocks, but I quit paying attention to them at gen 3, so there's that. The biggest problem is they require a very different grip for me to shoot well. But I don't much like 1911's, either. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

However, to the OP, congrats to you. New guns are always fun! And learning how to shoot something new is never bad, either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some azzhat always yells that lovely Glock phrase to this guy who's USPSA videos I've watched on YT. I find it a farce, personally.

Don't much care for Glocks, but I quit paying attention to them at gen 3, so there's that. The biggest problem is they require a very different grip for me to shoot well. But I don't much like 1911's, either. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

However, to the OP, congrats to you. New guns are always fun! And learning how to shoot something new is never bad, either.
Yep, I'm a 1911 guy as well. Have one Glock 43 I won at a NRA Banquet. It sits in the top of the gun safe for my heirs to sell.
Love my M&P 5" pro that I compete with. If it fails its an operator issue, not the pistol. Added the Apex trigger to move a little closer to a fine 1911 trigger. It will never be a fine tuned 1911 trigger, but it's better than stock.

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I'm a 1911 guy as well. Have one Glock 43 I won at a NRA Banquet. It sits in the top of the gun safe for my heirs to sell.
Love my M&P 5" pro that I compete with. If it fails its an operator issue, not the pistol. Added the Apex trigger to move a little closer to a fine 1911 trigger. It will never be a fine tuned 1911 trigger, but it's better than stock.

I have a Para P14.45. Yes, a very different form of 1911 being a double stack. It is what I have, though. I do not like the grip (the fatness is not really the issue), the controls are not conducive for me, and it's not an issue of small hands, either. I do not care for the (now dead) Trijicon sights. And the trigger on it is not that great. It's just six pounds of hard wall.

My Berettas have far better triggers. Actually, anyone I've handed my main shooter to (which is not the better of the bunch) has suggested the DA is better than most, dare say all, Glock triggers (at least in stock form). SA has no comparison.

That said, I did shoot a 43X last summer, and all be danged if I didn't kinda like the little guy. I'm not going to rush out and buy one, especially since I carry a larger gun anyway, but it's an intriguing piece. There's some ironic merit to the longer grip, shorter muzzle pistols, at least for those of us who carry appendix.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Para P14.45. Yes, a very different form of 1911 being a double stack. It is what I have, though. I do not like the grip (the fatness is not really the issue), the controls are not conducive for me, and it's not an issue of small hands, either. I do not care for the (now dead) Trijicon sights. And the trigger on it is not that great. It's just six pounds of hard wall.

My Berettas have far better triggers. Actually, anyone I've handed my main shooter to (which is not the better of the bunch) has suggested the DA is better than most, dare say all, Glock triggers (at least in stock form). SA has no comparison.

That said, I did shoot a 43X last summer, and all be danged if I didn't kinda like the little guy. I'm not going to rush out and buy one, especially since I carry a larger gun anyway, but it's an intriguing piece. There's some ironic merit to the longer grip, shorter muzzle pistols, at least for those of us who carry appendix.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread.
No problem. I carry a Kahr CW-40 with a spare mag. Have one in each vehicle so I know the controls of what is getting grabbed from the map pocket, and a IWB holster to carry concealed when out of the vehicle.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
140372d1580679724t-funny-haha-meme-thread-champ.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have handled both, feels about the same to me.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not own a Glock or 1911. I just like watching you guys get your panties in a twist. :rubhands::pms2::pms2:

LoL

I own a couple of 1911s, and more than my fair share of Glocks.

Neither is my 1st choice as a personal defender carry gun. I mainly shoot Glock’s in GSSF competitions.

I get as much enjoyment helping twist the panties as you do watching it!!

Yeppers...

...this topic for twisting undies is almost as much fun ad twisting the undies of the "stoners."

(Oh, I'm sorry for derailing the thread. But in fairness, I do own at least one Glock, but I don't even care to own a 1911.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom