Forgive me........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And CZ dropped all .40 models in 2018 with the exception of the Tactical Sport Orange supporting USPSA limited major.

I'm not a CZ guy. No experience with them. The one thing I would be tempted to buy in .40 if one showed up for the right price is a full size PX4. For, you know, reasons.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a CZ guy. No experience with them. The one thing I would be tempted to buy in .40 if one showed up for the right price is a full size PX4. For, you know, reasons.

I like the .40 - I haven’t figured out how but I think the new M&P 2.0 has somehow reduced the perceived “snap” of the .40.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, what good flame throwing thread doesn't include some 9 vs .45?

Of course, both would flame the .40 aficionados. I was one of them "if it don't start with a 4, it's for sissies" types. Til I got smart. Quantity, it's all about quantity. :D
NAH, just use an extended magazine to get the a$$ whoopin .40 cal up to whatevah round count you want.
21 rounds in my .40 M&P should take care of any situation the 9 can't.:clap3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the .40 - I haven’t figured out how but I think the new M&P 2.0 has somehow reduced the perceived “snap” of the .40.
I have a 1.0 in .40 and 9mm. I don't feel the "snap" either.
It's my honest opinion only that the change by the FBI to the 9mm was because some of the "staff" was not capable of handling recoil.
I to this day don't understand why they didn't offer them a .22 rimfire for their limp wrists if they couldn't handle the .40

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I've also heard about the PX4. I haven't gotten to go hands on with one, so I can't say from experience, but I can see it being true.

I haven't shot them side by side in many years, but I can say that .40 in an XD is a lot tamer than a Glock.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1.0 in .40 and 9mm. I don't feel the "snap" either.
It's my honest opinion only that the change by the FBI to the 9mm was because some of the "staff" was not capable of handling recoil.
I to this day don't understand why they didn't offer them a .22 rimfire for their limp wrists if they couldn't handle the .40
I know a guy who's a retired FBI agent and was a firearms instructor at the academy and he said no one including the girls had any trouble controlling the .40 it was strictly a financial decision made because 9m/m is cheaper.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy who's a retired FBI agent and was a firearms instructor at the academy and he said no one including the girls had any trouble controlling the .40 it was strictly a financial decision made because 9m/m is cheaper.
Seems to me they forgot about Jerry Dove and Ben Grogan in 1986? I mean isn't that shootout the reason for the .40 cal and 10 mm?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
All you haters just need to work on buying one of everything!! Keeps the wallet empty, wife pissed and the arguments with the wack job in the mirror interesting,Me " what we taking to the range 1911 and the 22's" we "nah, 357 and 10mm" us " :hellno: lets take the 54 cal and the 30-30"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rubhands:Its all good and which ever me wins it keeps me out of trouble!! Well except with the wife and she really don't give 2 shits as long as I stay out of her cut!!:drunk5:

Latest posts

Top Bottom