Free fishing tip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sand bass are in the river above Canton Lake. Catch em while the getting is good. Chartruese is a good choice, as is white, as is shad colored. Heck I think if you threw a painted jighead in the water you can catch fish.

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sandies Are Starting To Hit About Right Now.....they Will Continue To Hit Through June.....the Best Fishing Is When You Find Them In A Group During Spawning....they Will Literally Hit On Anything Shinny. Eufala Lake Is A Great Place To Find These Fish At The Three Rivers Intersection....as A Kid I Fished This Area On A Tube(not Recommended) But Is Great Fishing From A Boat...you Will Catch More Than You Want.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sand bass are in the river above Canton Lake. Catch em while the getting is good. Chartruese is a good choice, as is white, as is shad colored. Heck I think if you threw a painted jighead in the water you can catch fish.

You would be correct sir. They will hit anything they can see and if it has a hook on it, you'll get them. Used to fish them in Texoma while surfacing. We'd camp in Catfish Bay, beach the boats on the bank, and kick back with the binocs watching the gulls. When we spotted them you jump in the boat and haul azz over and start casting. Long story short, one time I lost my last good gollywhopper rig and had an old raggedy one that had lost all the fur off the jigs. I tied it on and was still reeling them in two at a time. Good times in the good ole days.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used gummy worms and caught good size Largemouth and cat..lol. It's how you use it, not the size or color of the jig..lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom