Free float handguard install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can any of you gentleman suggest a place to have this done? I also need the low profile gas block installed. I talked to a gunsmith at H&H,but I'm not sure I want to go there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Piece of cake. Buy the receiver and upper vice blocks and the wrench off of Amazon or ebay. Watch a few YouTube vids and you’re in bizness!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, DIY is pretty simple. The only thing you have to worry about on the gas block is if it has a welded flash hider or something like that. Otherwise remove old one put on new one. The free float is about the same.

I should also say that learning to do this is well worthwhile as you are not going to be able to find someone to do it for you in a SHTF type situation. Plus most shops will bend you over to install parts unless you buy them from them at the point of install. If you don't have the tools well, beg, buy, or borrow works wonders. Plus you will learn more about your rifle and how it all functions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom