Free to good home - 1 yr old male Beagle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That critter is in dog heaven now. :clap3:
I had beagles from the early 70's to the late 90's when rabbits became scarce around here. Nothing better than hearing them bay on a trail and then the pitch of the bay go up two octaves when in sight pursuit of the rabbit. Cotton tails run in circles after being busted by the beagles. Once they break the trail, all you had to do was stand there and the rabbit would come by.
They have amazing noses, used by the USDA in airports to sniff out vegetables brought from out of country by travellers.
My beagles could cut a rabbit trail, go one direction for about 10' and determine which direction the rabbit was moving, then change directions if necessary.

Beagles have also been used to hunt pheasant. I know, sounds stupid but we killed a lot of pheasant behind my beagles. Common in some of the northern states. Pheasant have a similar smell to the dog like rabbit. It was easy to tell which the dog was trailing because pheasant will run in a straight line while the bunny's will always circle. Pheasant would rather run vs fly unless cornered.
Ok, just some beagle trivia I thought I would share.
You have a beautiful dog and it will be a family friend forever. :D

Justin O. (Cali)

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunatley little Asher has to find a new home. My son went full time to college and dorms are no place for a pet.

Asher was born 07-11-19 and is a full blooded Beagle. House broken, neutered and semi-crate trained. Absolutely wonderful disposition. Loves little kids and his toys. This little guy is energetic and rarely howls compared to most hounds. Must be on a leash when outside or not fenced (he is not a digger).View attachment 174475View attachment 174476View attachment 174477 View attachment 174478
Did you find him a home?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The dog ain’t died! As mentioned on page 1 D.Hargrove got the dog from the op. @THAT Gurl is saying that MrHargrove gave the dog such a great home that the dog thinks he has died and gone to heaven.
You gotta read these threads before you post about lizards n dogs n such.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The dog ain’t died! As mentioned on page 1 D.Hargrove got the dog from the op. @THAT Gurl is saying that MrHargrove gave the dog such a great home that the dog thinks he has died and gone to heaven.
You gotta read these threads before you post about lizards n dogs n such.
Yeah, sometimes posts don't make sense if you haven't been following the whole thread.
And sometimes OSA posts don't make sense even if you did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom