Friday Night Bowfishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were three of us Friday night on Grand. Got about 20-25 carp. I was really rusty for the first time out this year. Had a great time the weather was nice just enough of a breeze to keep the skeeters away, but not chop up the water. Can't wait to get back out.

Anybody else on here bowfish?

Evan

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my champion diablo set up for bowfishing, but only went a few times, I haven't had time to roll the river in awhile and they are just as easy to gig when you get in the water

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use my brother in laws boat its an Xpress shallow V like a flatbottom. It is wide enough for two people to stand in the front but will float in 6 inches of water with the motor trimmed up. Last year we just used handheld spotlights wired to an extra trolling motor battery. This year we uprgaded to more of a gigging setup with 500 watt halogens powered by a generator. The fish don't seem to mind the noise. Still have the spotlights to look a little farthur out.

You can get by without a boat and just wading but the height you get standing in the boat. Its a blast just remember to aim low. and if you have a normal reel to put it on freespool before you shoot.

Evan

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get by without a boat and just wading but the height you get standing in the boat. Its a blast just remember to aim low. and if you have a normal reel to put it on freespool before you shoot.

Evan

I have a scar across my hand because of that

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am addicted to bowfishing, dont have a boat, so I have to bum rides.

This grass carp went 26 lbs

Attachments

• canton3.jpg
    canton3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 219
  • grassy1.jpg
    grassy1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 199

Latest posts

Top Bottom