Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I miss the part where he tried to take it back to the shop? He has tried, right?

Nobody wins in small claims court, but the lawyers on both sides.

The owner said he didn't see an issue with the work and thinks it's perfectly safe to shoot. He then said if my friend had an issue with it, he needs to take it up with the guy the shop outsourced it to.

Might not be any other option other than small claims.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the best thing to do is have as many "expert" opinions as possible that contradict the shop owners word. small claims should be easy if they all are dissenting from the shop owners claim. keep us posted and tell him good luck. although I would go in with letters from the other gunsmiths opposing views and give the store one more chance to make it right, if he won't....definitely go to court.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owner said he didn't see an issue with the work and thinks it's perfectly safe to shoot. He then said if my friend had an issue with it, he needs to take it up with the guy the shop outsourced it to.

Might not be any other option other than small claims.

Wow. Your buddy should be flaming their FB page and google reviews as well as the BBB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom