Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news! My buddy met with the owner of the shop and the armorer and they agreed to replace of the parts and refund the money. The armorer was very apologetic and said he has since met with another gunsmith to learn more about proper procedures. They're suppose to order parts tomorrow. I'll update everyone once everything is in and the deal has been completed.

Woohoo. Best case scenario.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news! My buddy met with the owner of the shop and the armorer and they agreed to replace of the parts and refund the money. The armorer was very apologetic and said he has since met with another gunsmith to learn more about proper procedures. They're suppose to order parts tomorrow. I'll update everyone once everything is in and the deal has been completed.

I'm glad it appears to be working out, but how does an armorer not know proper procedures? Hell, a quick Google search would have given them more than enough knowledge to realize that they were about to do something really stupid.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad it appears to be working out, but how does an armorer not know proper procedures? Hell, a quick Google search would have given them more than enough knowledge to realize that they were about to do something really stupid.

Kinda what I was thinking too. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Glad it all turned out well, but I think I'd still be looking for gunsmithing services elsewhere.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Actually concerned a "armorer" had to be educated on how that wasn't proper procedure.:faint:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is a good result. Obviously I have more to say about it, but it would not be helpful in the end so I digress.

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve itself as you have reported.

Latest posts

Top Bottom