Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like our Gvmt. Ok, you took enough time to raise enough hell, argue with us spend several trips, do without your firearm, cause you greef, we will finally admit we did something wrong and now we will do what we were supposed to do that you paid us to do in the first place, now will you be happy?

"Dammed customers, have to bend over backwards to make them happy and give them what they paid for. Hope that type never come in my door again" is not a feeling you should ever have when walking out of any business.

I do not know the circumstanses of the situation in detail. Only a couple times in my business I had to farm out services, but of those times, I considered what I farmed out to be "mine" and expected the farmed out service to meet my expations. If it was not up to my standards, I took care of it before my customer ever saw it. Just me.

178 replies and not one Rijas joke??? We're losing our touch

Not losing touch. As bad a hack job as that was, it was too good to be a Rijas job.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad it appears to be working out, but how does an armorer not know proper procedures? Hell, a quick Google search would have given them more than enough knowledge to realize that they were about to do something really stupid.

There's a difference between Armorers (6-8 hour class) and a Gunsmith (2-3 year school)

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a difference between Armorers (6-8 hour class) and a Gunsmith (2-3 year school)

More than one of our "gunsmiths" here on OSA have nothing more than a certificate from http://www.becomeagunsmith.com/ hanging on their wall. It's a pretty good program, the degree comes printed in the training booklet so you don't have to pay shipping twice lol. Watch out for "Phoenix State University" degrees.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More than one of our "gunsmiths" here on OSA have nothing more than a certificate from http://www.becomeagunsmith.com/ hanging on their wall. It's a pretty good program, the degree comes printed in the training booklet so you don't have to pay shipping twice lol. Watch out for "Phoenix State University" degrees.

Theres nothing wrong with PSU certifications, for people who arent old as dirt and been working on guns theyre whole life.
Ya gotta learn some where.
As far as welding being a skill, either you can or you cant , and if your lucky you can fake it....LOL

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, you do have to start somewhere, but if your level is not up to par yet, you don't work on other people's stuff. I started out cleaning up and changing tires in motorcycle shops, not rebuilding engines, and certainly not welding cast aluminum combustion chambers.

From the looks of that weld, and the poor workmanship all together, that dude needs a push broom position for a while longer.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, you do have to start somewhere, but if your level is not up to par yet, you don't work on other people's stuff. I started out cleaning up and changing tires in motorcycle shops, not rebuilding engines, and certainly not welding cast aluminum combustion chambers.

From the looks of that weld, and the poor workmanship all together, that dude needs a push broom position for a while longer.

Agreed...cast aluminum can be a pain in the neck...literally.. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom