Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks like the result of using a die grinder with an abrasive wheel. There are several places where you can see skip marks where this "pro" let his "tool" slip out of the "port" and ride down the outside of the barrel.

Sheesh... lots of quote-unquoting there. . . Probably would have looked better if he's used a hack saw.

Looks more like a 91/2" grinder...is there any reason theyre not the same size?....shape?

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another example of fine workmanship...

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2014_12_barrel_porting_fail_495x660.jpg

Revolver Barrel Porting Fail

... I'm pretty sure I could do at least that good, and I make no claim to being a smith or armorer of any kind!

Is that a musical instrument?

i.imgur.com_5NIkusB.jpg

Reddyice

New to the site!
Reaction score
Fist I want to thank you all for your comments. This thread was about my experience. In the end Keith the armorers did me right. He took ownership of the work. He replaced my barrel with a Daniel Defense 1:7 to replace the BCM 1:7. He put on a BCM gas block which replaced the YHM. Finally he got me a spikes Dynacomp to replace the YHM flash
Hider. He asked if he could put the new barrel together and he did a great job.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fist I want to thank you all for your comments. This thread was about my experience. In the end Keith the armorers did me right. He took ownership of the work. He replaced my barrel with a Daniel Defense 1:7 to replace the BCM 1:7. He put on a BCM gas block which replaced the YHM. Finally he got me a spikes Dynacomp to replace the YHM flash

Very glad it got taken care of! Unfortunately it never should have left his shop that way and there's zero chances I will be doing business with this company in the future. Glad it worked out!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Great news - glad it all worked out for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom