From the hills of SE Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0793B751-C7AD-45E5-90AE-CCF1413587AF.jpeg
Found this pic in some of my mom’s old photos. Though this still is long gone, there might or might not be a newer one sitting in the same spot.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats awesome. I used to know of several old still sights on our place but I can only think of and find a couple now. Not much left. One has a few barrels and buckets with axe holes in them though.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a "Fractional Distillation" to me. The owner or owners ...all they want to do is just to separate a mixture into it's component parts or......"fractions". They set up an apparatus to separate by heating to a temperature at which one or more fractions of the mixture will vaporize.

Probably some straight "A", law abiding high school kids building a science project to maintain their grade point as to enter higher education with a full understanding of chemistry to advance them in their scientific degrees......that's all!!!! :hey3:

***Hmmmmm*** Now let Cohiba analyze the picture. In these next statements, please add to them or correct me if I'm in error about the objects in the picture.

It looks like a "Turnip Still"......turnip shape of the pot. It also could be..or...what looks like a "Submarine Still"...from the picture it looks like the boiler could hold a lot of liquid mash. It's definitely a pot still.

The barrels could be used for two purposes; 1st...to mix the ingredients in, let ferment and make the mash. 2nd...barrel the product.

Types of metal...copper, stainless,...etc?????

It's hard to tell in a picture you can't enhance or enlarge but what was most important.....the final product. I wonder what the proof was on the final product?????

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a need to use one of these to distill some brandy from the wine I make. I would never do it because it is illegal, but having one in my storage building makes it hard not to try it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pokinfun I bet you will drive 1 MPH over the speed limit sometimes.. how about that wide intersection to make left a turn into notice all the cars parked over the double yellow line..MUCHO illegal. How about turning into the farthest lane ..illegal.
So some things illegal are ok to do but others are not.
The way I see it if it isn't hurting anyone.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pokinfun I bet you will drive 1 MPH over the speed limit sometimes.. how about that wide intersection to make left a turn into notice all the cars parked over the double yellow line..MUCHO illegal. How about turning into the farthest lane ..illegal.
So some things illegal are ok to do but others are not.
The way I see it if it isn't hurting anyone.
I am an angel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom