Ft Sill Privately Owned Weapons Range - Open Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No is the short answer. FMWR activities may charge fees to offset expenses but they aren't overall profit making enterprises. You aren't actually paying "membership dues" you are paying "usage fees" and paying those fees does not imply that you are a stockholder for want of a better word. The activity is still an Army FMWR activity run for the overall benefit of soldiers and dependents primarily. The wise manager will try to listen and accommodate all users as much as possible but soldiers are priority number 1 - as they should be.
If I used this range, Id like to point out that this would be the first time I ever had to pay to use it

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I used this range, Id like to point out that this would be the first time I ever had to pay to use it

The fees at the range are new but FMWR has a lot of pressure on to make the various activities money generating if possible to both self-sustain and prop up other desired but less profitable activities.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fees at the range are new but FMWR has a lot of pressure on to make the various activities money generating if possible to both self-sustain and prop up other desired but less profitable activities.
I get what your saying, I do. I am however and unfortunately, knowledgeable on how F***ed up Ft Sill MWR is. My Wife was the Ft Sill swim team coach for a couple of years and that left a VERY bad taste In our mouths.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
No is the short answer. FMWR activities may charge fees to offset expenses but they aren't overall profit making enterprises. You aren't actually paying "membership dues" you are paying "usage fees" and paying those fees does not imply that you are a stockholder for want of a better word. The activity is still an Army FMWR activity run for the overall benefit of soldiers and dependents primarily. The wise manager will try to listen and accommodate all users as much as possible but soldiers are priority number 1 - as they should be.
I do not disagree with you. I do not think they should call it the "Rod and Gun Club."

Latest posts

Top Bottom