Funny deuce and a half ad on CL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not mine. Not my ad. I was surfing Craigs list for used gun safes and somehow this came up. It’s a funny ad for an old deuce and a half multi fuel army truck. It kind of reminds me of an ad I saw a long time ago for A Harley that was for sale. Anyways I kind of wish I had about 4 or 5 country squares. A few thousand acres. I have one of these just to go fiddle farting around with

This ad is a must read

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/bar/d/glencoe-deuce-a-half/7183176905.html

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. I remember those things whistling and never knew if it was the turbo or what. It got louder and higher pitched as the engine RPM increased.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to get a licenses to drive one of those while in the Marines (in case my driver/A driver was killed and I had to drive a truck to toe my howitzer) and I don't know what he's talking about as far as being a work out to drive. It's not any more difficult than any other large vehicle. It seems like the ones I drove had to be doubled clutched. They don't have air conditioning, basically no heater/defroster, and vacuum windshield wipers. They ride like a buckboard and get stuck easy. We couldn't keep the windshield from icing up during winter training exercises.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got to where I could "float shift" our old deuce that we used in our maintenance section LOL...always heard lots of stories of the A Driver on those trucks losing hearing in his right ear, I can believe it if you rode in one enough, exhaust stack being right outside passenger window

Latest posts

Top Bottom