Galco Miami Classic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to thank you for this thread, I bit the bullet and ordered one today.
thanks again
Bud

My job requires me in a suit 100% of the time and setting for long periods of time. When I'm not working, I always wear either a short sleeved cover shirt unbuttoned, or a long sleeved cover shirt unbuttoned depending on temperature. IWB holsters are a literal pain in a short period of time, so I had to look into other methods of carry. I finally decided on the Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster. After trying one on, it seemed like there was a lot more weight on the M&P 9c side, and the two loaded mags on the other side just didn't balance it out well enough. I also found out that my S&W 49 was hard to get out of my pocket, setting down. I'm ambidextrous, so I got an idea. :idea: Why not replace the mag carrier with a left handed J frame holster?

So here's my final rig:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

The mag holder almost takes two hands to operate, so the left handed thumb break revolver setup is a lot faster. I still have a spare mag in my pocket, but a second pistol will be a faster reload and will be the backup in case the other fails. The best part, the entire thing is easy on and easy off. I also decided on the wider straps to help distribute the weight a little better. I've been wearing it all day today and it works great.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm the "on call" chaplain for three of the local funeral homes, so I'm either working funerals or dealing directly with the families. I've also done about dozen weddings for friends and family. This preacher thing seems to be a good fit for me, but does require me to be in a suit 100% of the time and a lot of driving and setting.

Well now, how cool is that!!! A Pistol Pack'in Parson!!!!!:thumbup3:

Those grips will be out to you in a couple of day's!!

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to thank you for this thread, I bit the bullet and ordered one today.
thanks again
Bud

Glad I could be of some service. :thumbup3:

Well now, how cool is that!!! A Pistol Pack'in Parson!!!!!:thumbup3:

Those grips will be out to you in a couple of day's!!

Yup, I pack anywhere it's legal. I'm just glad that I don't have to wear the robes. There's no access to them and they go all the way down to the ankle. I did have one altered to allow me access to my pants pockets. It will allow me to pocket carry my S&W 49. Even with that being said, I still try to avoid the robes, especially in 100+ degree weather.

Thanks again for helping me out on the grips. Looking forward to getting them. :woohoo1:

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Neat idea!

I have always wanted a Miami Classic, but never could find one to try on, so I have a question. I am a LARGE person (280#), is there enough adjustment in harness to accommodate a larger person? I thought this would have better access than a pocket holster, especially setting. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Bud

I am a big guy also and the Galco company makes a shoulder holster rig in what they call "plus" size. Believe me, it is worth it and it fits great. I wear a 54 sport coat so that will tell you how big I am.

Call Galco direct in Arizona and they will glad to help you out. There really good.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big guy also and the Galco company makes a shoulder holster rig in what they call "plus" size. Believe me, it is worth it and it fits great. I wear a 54 sport coat so that will tell you how big I am.

Call Galco direct in Arizona and they will glad to help you out. There really good.

Yup, you can either call galco direct, or if you shop around a bit, you can find it cheaper from their online vendors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom