Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, will that time be detected through the app each time it takes a pic? Or each time a pic is sent?

that time will not change on last communication, until it communicates. Like if you have it communicating at noon then at noon it will communicate. i usually do each each detection so mine communicates every time it snaps a pic. sometimes if it gets excessive i will change to 12 times a day. remember too, that if you change a setting. that it will not change it UNTIL it communicates.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you figure out how to keep grass, birds, rabbits, coons, and coyotes from triggering a game camera, please let me know...:rollingla

cuddebacks are the first cameras I’ve run that don’t take pics of grass or blowing leaves. I can’t say enough about how much I like these cameras.

Right now I’m running 7 cameras all on a 1 min delay and the basic $20 plan and have not run out of data yet.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I literally threw a brand new cruddyback camera in the trash, because their warranty dept told me I was S.O.L that my camera wouldn’t work. I will never give that company a dime of my money and will tell what a “cruddy” company they are every chance I get.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, I literally threw a brand new cruddyback camera in the trash, because their warranty dept told me I was S.O.L that my camera wouldn’t work. I will never give that company a dime of my money and will tell what a “cruddy” company they are every chance I get.

I bought a top of the line cuddyback cam years ago. 1/4 second response time advertised.
When doing the setup, the buttons fell off and it couldn’t be programmed.
Customer support said I pushed them too hard so no warranty. Yeah right...... Got tired of needing a toothpick to program it with and gave it away. Didn’t take pics worth a darn either.
Lots of competition out there now. I’ve found the cheaper models of every manufacturer has issues. You get what you pay for.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm playing with mine and it just takes lots of pictures of birds. Lots. I turn the delay down during the day, it's just too sensitive. I've done something like 500 pictures in about 72 hours. But I have gotten a bunch of deer and pig pics.

Today we struck out at the blind, not a sighting of a single critter larger than a bluejay in 3.5 hours. I stumbled and bumbled enough to wake a grizzly 100 miles away getting to the blind, got lost, had to use my sun-bright headlamp continually and finally got settled right at 6AM, huffed and puffed and coughed for 10 minutes after carting everything in up and down hills.

Maybe I scared 'em all off, I dunno. But I haven't gotten any pics of real critters besides birds all day, even hours after I left.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I scared 'em all off, I dunno. But I haven't gotten any pics of real critters besides birds all day, even hours after I left.

Watch the wind when walking in. If its at your back, don't even go there. Every deer within 1/2 mile will be gone and on alert.
Find a green led headlamp. Doesn't bother the deer at all. I've almost walked right up to them in the dark using one.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah my buddy had one of those green ones... I didn't know that. I'll go order one now and see if it will get here before next Friday when I can go back. Thanks for the tip.

The does came back to the feeder last night, but nothing was there all day. As for scent... well... I used lye soap to wash, I probably need to get some of that laundry detergent that has no scent, too. What do you do about your jacket? Febreeze will leave perfumed scent, is there a deer-hunting style Febreeze or something similar?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Danny, get you some trail markers. There are reflective twist ties and thumbtacks available or just a roll of reflective tape. Our landowner did some clearing this year and I had to make new trails. The twist ties saved me

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, that's a good idea. I had my arms full with rifle, chair, snack bag, all loaded up with multiple bulky layers of clothing and carrying my Glock 22 and several extra magazines and I got turned around in the dark, had to wander up and down the area and got pretty sweaty and wiped out, had my high-intensity headlamp on... it was pretty ridiculous, and I feel like I probably screwed not only myself and my son, but my buddy who was about 100 yards down the slope. :(

I'll do it differently next time, for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom