Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it come with a SIM card?
If it’s with ATT, Buy a Session has reasonable plans.

I don't think it needs one... however it is built, it has the ability to connect out of the box. All you need is batteries and an SD card. Then you go on their website and activate it and choose a plan for however much data and pictures you need per month.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spypoint cell cameras just need to be activated for use via their phone app.

The first month you get their unlimited premium transfer plan. After that it's limited to 100 pics per month if you don't subscribe to a plan.

100 pictures A MONTH?!? A hundred pictures probably wouldn’t get me a day or maybe two on my place.:rollingla

Years ago (probably close to 20), Moultrie had a similar set up to what Cruddyback does now, but with their’s, you had to have a plan through their network. It was expensive and, like Spypoint, you had to basically pay per picture. I figured out pretty quick that I couldn’t afford a plan like that.
The HCO cameras (predecessor to Spartan) had to have a cell/data plan just like a phone, but there was no limit to the number of pictures. Still expensive but better.
My Spartans just needed a SIM card and a plan through Buy a Session (mine is $75/year for unlimited pictures).
My brother just bought a 4g Spartan, and now they are trying to force you to buy data through them like Spypoint does. There is a way to get around it, but like the HCO’s, you have to go to an ATT store and buy a SIM card. My brother bought his plan through Buy a Session.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it needs one... however it is built, it has the ability to connect out of the box. All you need is batteries and an SD card. Then you go on their website and activate it and choose a plan for however much data and pictures you need per month.
I will go back to non cellular cameras before I basically pay per picture again.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bit the boolit
64BEDFB3-2740-48E0-9E53-F009D147952E.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I just bought a hunting lease out by Perry, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how good the reception is out in that area? I'm headed out Wednesday to scope out my spot and put up a blind and maybe a feeder. I'd like to put up a game cam and have it send some pics. It's about 90 minutes away from home (one way), so going out just to download pics would be a major PITA. :(

If it helps, this is in the vicinity of Hwy 15 and County Road 34300.

https://goo.gl/maps/4y99orjXhWku4UMC6

See if that works.

That’s a good spot with water good cover and openings. Good bucks in the area traditionally.
Lots of pigs as well.
A feeder would be a great idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom