Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
According to their site, I need to retrieve the cam to rectify the issue. It says ‘no communication since 8:36 yesterday ‘ that’s when I was setting it up in my office. It took 45 pics of me walking around. I deleted the pics,turned it off,took it to my lease, strapped it to a tree,turned it on. WTH went wrong

Is that a SpyPoint that you're testing? My uncle test drove three of those at different locations and sent them back, lots of issues with them.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember if you change it, it will not change until noon when your transmission was set up to talk to the app.

I set mine every transfer and if i see my battery getting low i turn to every 2 hours. or more.

Must buy a 12v battery too! it will pay for it self.

I bought one and it worked okay until something chewed through a wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to their site, I need to retrieve the cam to rectify the issue. It says ‘no communication since 8:36 yesterday ‘ that’s when I was setting it up in my office. It took 45 pics of me walking around. I deleted the pics,turned it off,took it to my lease, strapped it to a tree,turned it on. WTH went wrong

Might need a firmware update.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most everything in life, there’s a reason they’re inexpensive...

I see guys buying inexpensive optic, game cams, guns, bows, etc and brag about how good the warranties are, and I’ve never really understood that mindset. My goal has always been to spend a little more upfront for better quality and never need a warranty.:anyone:
Those are usually the same people that get on message boards and FB to cry about how their scope, game cam, gun, bow or whatever crapped out at crunch time....:blush:

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two SPYPOINT cameras. I am waiting for the box to get here so I can return them for replacement.
Bought them last year and the worked great. Neither worked when I tried to get them set up back in October. Been doing everything that tech support recommended, but never got to communicate. Finally, I replied to them that their cameras were trash and they requested I send them in for repair/replacement.
....we’ll see.
Regardless, wasted entire season not having them set out. They are really cool when they work! Nothing like being at work and getting a notification from your game camera.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like most everything in life, there’s a reason they’re inexpensive...

I see guys buying inexpensive optic, game cams, guns, bows, etc and brag about how good the warranties are, and I’ve never really understood that mindset. My goal has always been to spend a little more upfront for better quality and never need a warranty.:anyone:
Those are usually the same people that get on message boards and FB to cry about how their scope, game cam, gun, bow or whatever crapped out at crunch time....:blush:

They're anywhere from $150 and $350.

For a game camera.

That's cheap?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two SPYPOINT cameras. I am waiting for the box to get here so I can return them for replacement.
Bought them last year and the worked great. Neither worked when I tried to get them set up back in October. Been doing everything that tech support recommended, but never got to communicate. Finally, I replied to them that their cameras were trash and they requested I send them in for repair/replacement.
....we’ll see.
Regardless, wasted entire season not having them set out. They are really cool when they work! Nothing like being at work and getting a notification from your game camera.

Did they stop taking pictures altogether or just stop transmitting them?

I have a link dark that I haven't had out after it stopped transmitting.

Need to see if it'll work again I guess.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of them won’t do ANYTHING. Won’t even power on.
The other, I did get to take pictures finally - for one day - November 09. That was it. Never transmitted, but pictures were saved to the SD card. Camera was in the same place for three days (aimed into my back yard at my dogs), just never took any more pics after that one day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom