Game of Thrones Season 8, Sun, 4/14/19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the author had provided outlines to HBO for the seasons he had not covered in the books, he did not provide an outline for the ending season, i have heard from my daughter who started reading the books the same time as i did, around 20 years ago, she stays on top of things so i tend to believe the author was not involved in the final season.
I don't really care about the show (it's just not subject matter that interests me), but one of the podcasts to which I listen covers the show (among other things). Their complaint about the last few episodes of the show (at least as of last week) was that the showrunners were obviously working from outlines, and didn't have the rich depth of background material that is evident in the episodes based on the novels. I think they thought it was evident in the sudden, mostly inexplicable, transformation of a character from rational to insane (Denarys?); it sounded like the outline told them what was supposed to happen, but not why, which makes it difficult to write it convincingly.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really care about the show (it's just not subject matter that interests me), but one of the podcasts to which I listen covers the show (among other things). Their complaint about the last few episodes of the show (at least as of last week) was that the showrunners were obviously working from outlines, and didn't have the rich depth of background material that is evident in the episodes based on the novels. I think they thought it was evident in the sudden, mostly inexplicable, transformation of a character from rational to insane (Denarys?); it sounded like the outline told them what was supposed to happen, but not why, which makes it difficult to write it convincingly.

I wouldn't say that Daenerys' state of mind changed drastically over the course of the show. The audience was just previously able to justify her actions as the individuals that she murdered were always viewed as villains. The deaths of Jorah and Missandei were the final straws that tipped the scales.

I personally always thought that Dany might be a little bat s*** crazy, but that's just what happens with Targaryens after centuries of incest. By the final season I was ready for her to be offed in some spectacular fashion. The petulant, entitled act had grown old. Sansa was on that list as well, only she's been there since season 1.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom