Gang task force drops use of gang database because too many minorities in it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://policetribune.com/task-forc...-complaints-it-has-too-many-minorities-in-it/

Alexandria, VA – The Northern Virginia Regional Gang Task Force (NVRGTF) announced it would stop using the GangNet database that catalogs thousands of gang members in the DC Metropolitan area after activists complained it had a disproportionate number of minorities entered into it.

It’s the first law enforcement entity in the area to stop using GangNet, which is a database that helps authorities track and investigate gang members and gang activities in the region, The Washington Post reported.

NVRGTF is made up of law enforcement officers from 15 different agencies including the Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William Counties and the city of Alexandria, as well as the Virginia State Police.

Kofi Annan, executive director of Activated People, said he was concerned that 80 percent of the alleged gang members in the database were black or Latino, The Washington Post reported.

HIDTA statistics showed that only 20 percent of the gang members logged into GangNet were white.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
R0cf7368ca900db1f411389c5ac835277

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds dumb to me, as long as the identified people in the database are truly in a gang, because it’s just stupid PC nonsense. But, i wouldn’t want me or a family member erroneously placed on any police or FBI list. Who would want to be on any law enforcement or govt criminal activity “list”? So I’d like to see the gang verification process to be sure there isn’t something to the story.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The sad thing is many black people truly believe the woke Democrats really care about them. It’s all about the vote and the money. Every member of senate and congress should be dropped off in the middle of gang territory on a moonless night and let nature take its course. I don’t care if you’re purple, if you’re gang affiliated you should be identified and dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is racist,....just vote democrat
Haven’t done it yet
The sad thing is many black people truly believe the woke Democrats really care about them. It’s all about the vote and the money. Every member of senate and congress should be dropped off in the middle of gang territory on a moonless night and let nature take its course. I don’t care if you’re purple, if you’re gang affiliated you should be identified and dealt with accordingly.

Agreed, as long as the affiliation is accurate.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed, as long as the list is accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom